Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Tournaments Beta
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Tournaments Search Forum
Recent Topics
ArcadeBoss
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

AB Rep: +111
Aura:

1171784 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Tournaments Beta Reply with quote

We are working on a new feature which is ready for some public testing, that's right, we are adding a cool new Tournament feature.

Eventually there will be the ability for members to start tournaments of their own, but at the moment I'm creating some different tourneys that members can participate in. You can find them here...

http://www.arcadeboss.com/tournaments.php

Tournaments cost a given number of credits to participate. The more people that join a tournament the larger the jackpot grows. The winner of the tournament with the best score/time wins all the credits at the end of the time limit.

Open tournaments invite all members to participate and private tournaments are for a specific list of players.

Players may join any tournament they are invited to, and then during the run of a given tournament each time the associated game is played the tournament score is also updated if the user has beat their current tournament score (if any).

So, as mentioned, the tournament creation page is under development now, but members can jump into the competition right now from any of the available tourneys that I have created.

One thing I've been considering today is whether we need to add support for Blind Scores. Currently all tournament scores are displayed, but I was wondering if it might make things more interesting to keep the scores hidden for part of the competition? Any thoughts on that? Or other ideas?

Please give it a go, and let us know about any feedback or suggestions you have or problems that you run into. Thanks!

Last edited by ArcadeBoss on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One thing I've been considering today is whether we need to add support for Blind Scores. Current all tournament scores are displayed, but I was wondering if it might make things more interesting to keep the scores hidden for part of the competition? Any thoughts on that? Or other ideas?

That is a fantastic idea! I'm all for this! Cool
ArcadeBoss
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

Aura:

1171784 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leaning towards it, especially since everybody doesn't start playing in a tourney at the same time.
pimpin101

Missouri

$ 383

AB Rep: +44

117169 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea...also thanks for the deletion of spam threads and spam can...I do think blind scores would definately get people to play as hard as they can...you could make them blind for the early stages and then one the last day or so show everyone so they have a good chance...or if you really wanna play with people's minds make it blind for the last day or so.. Wink
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

Aura:

1171784 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICBM, you won the Gimme Friction tourney! Did you happen to notice if you got the credits? I think it should be working right.

New tournaments added.
ICBM

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got them. I was only ahead of you in credits by about 2000. Now I'm about 2500 or so. Pretty certain it worked. Wink Thanks!
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a bit of clarification here bud.

So what happens then. Do we lose/get charged our credits as soon as we select a game from the list, and does selecting the game just to have a 'browse' immediately enter us into the tournament?
ArcadeBoss
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

Aura:

1171784 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are free to browse the tournaments and play the games with no commitment or loss of credits.

Only when you click the "ACCEPT" button, does your credit ante get subtracted and added to the jackpot.
pimpin101

Missouri

$ 383

AB Rep: +44

117169 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few sketchy things about the new hidden feature arcadeboss that might need a little touch up is the fact that when the questions marks are placed in the scores, they show how many digits the score is...also the tournament is marked by days in decimal fashion...maybe an exact time would be better??? And also the little thing that kind of ruins the fun with the hidden feature is the fact that you can go into the games highscore and see exactly what their best score was and pretty much know exactly what the tournament score is... Crying or Very sad
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

Aura:

1171784 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. The digits and ? marks thing was intentional, but the issue with the highscores being listed elsewhere is good point. Will have to think on that.
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, Maybe if you Accecpt to join a tournament before you play that game you could choose if you want to play for the tournament or for the monthly/alltime score. This way then people wont be able to access your tournament score unless they accecpt, when the person accecpts then they should be able to see what your tournament score is so they can go for something better Smile tell me what you think about that idea? i know you may not like it but it's a start Wink
ICBM

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a bad idea! In fact, I really like it!
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, i just got mugged 17 gold :/ and thank's for your opinion on it Smile
monopoly man 123

dont know

$ 90

AB Rep: +5
Aura:

1037 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tournaments are very fun! its also a great way to get credits!
Homelessthinker48

Lookin outside gonna make the move

$ 549

AB Rep: +11
Aura:

98484 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this site was good.... this tournament thing makes it great!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Tournaments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: