Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Windows 7?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Computing Search Forum
Recent Topics
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICBM wrote:
MS have never learned that pushing to get a new OS out is a bad thing. Vista is just over a year old and already they want to release a new version? If they spent the time and effort to release a product that had few bugs and security issues they'd have a really good product. Instead they release the new versions too early to all kinds of hype and what do you know.....it's a crappy product.

Yeah, they started working on windows 7 pretty much as soon as vista was launched. Windows 7 is what Vista was supposed to be... the suspicion is that vista was just an incomplete 7, launched early to get some cash in to finish 7 off.

Either way 7 is supposed to be the new XP and is expected to stand up for itself.

I agree with you ICBM about launching new versions too early, but 7 is supposed to be really good. However that said, I doubt I'll ever need anything other than XP.

Last edited by Dr. Nürburg on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
gnome

$ 30

AB Rep: +1

11064 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its going to be relased in two days! i can't wait.
thebluesamurai

All over the place

$ 2

1604 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnome wrote:
its going to be relased in two days! i can't wait.

Same here, my computer needs a revamp:)
neeraffa

1st gamer to reach $1000

England

$ 1958

AB Rep: +334
Aura:

25326 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wont be rushing out to get my pc updated - i'll just wait until i need a new pc
doughtakerSTM

$ 417

Aura:

66216 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any real reason to rush to pick up Windows 7 even though I'm running the resource hog that is Vista. Like neeraffa, I'll probably be waiting until I need to get a new computer.

One thing that I've noticed in terms of quality of the Windows releases for consumer-driven PC use (not professional use or for servers) beginning with Win95, they tend to alternate between "should've been in testing for at least 2 more years" and acceptable quality. I felt that Win95 was junk, while Win98 worked much better. I didn't use Windows ME but I had a college roommate who did and it gave him fits. Windows XP (Home version) was decent and worked well, and if I didn't need to back up so much stuff on I would consider downgrading from Vista back to XP on my current computer. If history holds, then Windows 7 should be a step up from Vista, but I doubt it's going to be significant enough to make me go out and buy a copy.
Lonny

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

during testing one of the most common probs with win 7 is firefox frequently crashes and the BSOD is back. the blue screen appears about every hr or so which restarts my pc. to me it seems that msoft hasn't learned anything from its mistakes even if it was just beta they should be past this at this time. i think its better to use "linux" than any other os it has less requirements is free of cost just a bit difficult to use. Speaking of linux MS has added about 20,000 lines of linux code in its os which is why it has the same sorta look but not feel as linux.
Let;s also not forget their coming out with 3 versions and 3 different prices AGAIN ranging from 120-250US dollars. Monopolizing the OS business still runs deep in Gates. Not my idea of going in the right direction if you ask me.

Great Canada - US Host...
gnome

$ 30

11064 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lonny wrote:
during testing one of the most common probs with win 7 is firefox frequently crashes and the BSOD is back. the blue screen appears about every hr or so which restarts my pc. to me it seems that msoft hasn't learned anything from its mistakes even if it was just beta they should be past this at this time. i think its better to use "linux" than any other os it has less requirements is free of cost just a bit difficult to use. Speaking of linux MS has added about 20,000 lines of linux code in its os which is why it has the same sorta look but not feel as linux.
Let;s also not forget their coming out with 3 versions and 3 different prices AGAIN ranging from 120-250US dollars. Monopolizing the OS business still runs deep in Gates. Not my idea of going in the right direction if you ask me.

i dont have this issue. windows 7 works perfect for me .
Lonny

$ 445

Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnome wrote:
Lonny wrote:

you dont have what issue. i stated like 2 or so. dont post 1 liners when a statements been made. i will start subtracting post credits for this.

ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that Windows 7 isn't due to be released for another 6+ hours I'd like to know how he's got a machine with it on it. Sounds like another post for POTM credit.

Credits won't just be removed, but your posts too. Unless you start elaborating on your responses as Lonny has asked.
KTWORLD

JOIN THE MOVEMENT OR GET LEFT BEHIND!!!

30170 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely wait for awhile here....these things are always hit or miss which program is better such as vista was the last, but xp is much better and millenium was much worse than its predicessor 2000....you just never know during the first 6 months of operation
gnome

$ 30

11064 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICBM wrote:
Considering that Windows 7 isn't due to be released for another 6+ hours I'd like to know how he's got a machine with it on it. Sounds like another post for POTM credit.

Credits won't just be removed, but your posts too. Unless you start elaborating on your responses as Lonny has asked.

its called windows 7 rc, which stands for release candidate. its a candidate to be the final version of windows 7. you can download it for free (not any more). that is how I have windows 7 on a machine.

looks like your not very familiar with apps.
ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very comfortable with software. I am very comfortable with cracking and using pirated software. You on the other hand are not very well versed in the difference between APPS and OS systems are you?
gnome

$ 30

11064 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICBM wrote:
I am very comfortable with software. I am very comfortable with cracking and using pirated software. You on the other hand are not very well versed in the difference between APPS and OS systems are you?

haha i dont want to get in an argument with you. so i will just leave it at that.

but one thing, if you think you know more about os's than me than why did you not know about the rc release?
Lonny

$ 445

Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnome wrote:
ICBM wrote:

haha i dont want to get in an argument with you. so i will just leave it at that.

but one thing, if you think you know more about os's than me than why did you not know about the rc release?

Quote:

Funny how RC wasn't mentioned until you brought it up right now.

Quote:
its called windows 7 rc, which stands for release candidate. its a candidate to be the final version of windows 7. you can download it for free (not any more). that is how I have windows 7 on a machine.

looks to me like your trying to cover you tracks on this one. Also if you don't want to start a argument then why did you continue to drag it on?

gnome

$ 30

11064 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lonny wrote:
gnome wrote:
ICBM wrote:

Quote:

Funny how RC wasn't mentioned until you brought it up right now.

Quote:

looks to me like your trying to cover you tracks on this one. Also if you don't want to start a argument then why did you continue to drag it on?

are you serious, dude, thats not even a valid argument point.... would it make since to say, "i dont have any issues with windows 7 rc", when i could just say windows 7, they are basically they same thing. why am i trying to cover up my steps. nobody even mentions anything about pirated software, and imbc claims he knows alot about it and he even cracks software, wow lol i find that so hard to believe that somebody with so little intelligence could crack any software.

its sad that you two are so ignorant. im leaving, don't want a forum ran by two big headed idiots that don't know **** about what they are talking about. imbc all you do is go around and try to find every little issue with somebody's post, you must feel so cool when you get to close a thread. i dont get why that is so, why do you need everything to be perfect??? maybe this post might get deleted because i am not capitalizing the first words of my sentences like he is. o no.

arcadeboss is cool, relaxed and isn't like you and thing ran fine when you weren't here. this was a great site, i started using it way back, 4 years ago probably.

after all this is just an arcade website with a lousy forum so i shouldn't be wasting my time typing anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Computing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: