Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Firefox 3.6.6 -- lagging games?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Support Search Forum
Recent Topics
doughtakerSTM

$ 417

Aura:

66216 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Firefox 3.6.6 -- lagging games? Reply with quote

I "upgraded" to the latest version of Firefox (3.6.6) the other day and I have begun to notice that some games have slowed down considerably compared to the previous version that I was using (3.6.4). One possible culprit I'm looking at is the Firefox process "plugin-container.exe", which seems to eat up a lot more of my CPU and memory than in previous versions of Firefox. I was wondering if any other Firefox users were having similar experiences.
Lonny

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally got the auto update for this version back on Monday June 28th - evening at 6:34 pm. "Wrote that down on a post it"

Havent noticed any difference in game plays.

The load time is the same when starting the browser up for me, thats due to my extensions and addons im using.

as for that .exe program it is eating up some resource but no much. try ending the process and play what ever game you noticed the slow down on.
Also one could always pop in another mem chip if they have on laying around.

Wish I could add more..

Great Canada - US Host...
ArcadeBoss
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

AB Rep: +111
Aura:

1171784 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new version of Firefox moves flash out of the Firefox process into the one you mentioned.

I was hoping that it would fix some periodic lockups that I get with Flash, but no luck so far. Haven't noticed it being any worse either so far...
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Firefox 3.6.6 -- lagging games? Reply with quote

soultaker777 wrote:
I was wondering if any other Firefox users were having similar experiences.

No slowdowns on anything Flash-related here. I also tried loading a game and it loaded just as quickly as earlier versions of the browser.
doughtakerSTM

$ 417

Aura:

66216 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the feedback. My load times have remained unchanged (both browser opening and game loading), it's just gameplays where I've been experiencing lag. Good thing is it appears to only affect a handful games... that I can live with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: