Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Books: Both good and bad reviews here!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Books Search Forum
Recent Topics
SmokeyQuartz
Forum Officer

$ 14

AB Rep: +36
Aura:

3193 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Books: Both good and bad reviews here!! Reply with quote

I for the most part love the books that i read. . . but every now and then i will read one that is awful but needless to say I wanted to share my reviews on some of the books i read. . .. Since i read a lot on my sick days stuck in bed or the hospital. . . .I thought that if anyone else is interested in books also then they may like to hear about some good ones or not so good ones out there.

Please anyone else feel free to jump in and give their reviews on any book they have currently read or read at any time for that matter Razz

Take care and happy Reading!!

----------------------------------

so that i dont double post, here is 2 new books that i have read.

Fallen by Tim Lebbon

and then

Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie

both of these books can be read as stand alone fantasy novels but also each author has written more that are set in the same world as these books.

First of all, I almost didn't buy Fallen by Tim Lebbon. It sounded too cliche like just some sort of fantasy adventure book that i have read the type before, but i am so thrilled to say that it was so VERY different than my expectations! Friends and alliances are broken, parts of the book really shocked me and at the end i found myself routing for a totally different character than i started out with!! Be forewarned, Fallen by Tim Lebbon is a very adult fantasy novel with very graphic battle scenes and other situations but i believe thats what made it great. This was the first novel of Tim Lebbon's that i have read and it most certainly wont be the last! !

Best Served Cold was great. Not only did it have a good revenge type story, i really enjoyed the characterizations in the book. Even the minor characters had great depth. I have had a very hard time trying to get into other Joe Abercrombie novels, but not this one. From the first page it had me hooked!

Both of these novels surprised me and are both worth the time to read. They are not too new, you can pick them up on regular trade paperback for a little over 7 bucks a piece or do what i do and amazon them, you can get a used copy of each for mere pennies!!
VK_King_

$ 19

AB Rep: +10
Aura:

17111 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: LolMy new book I read Reply with quote

The new book I read was..The House of Silk by Sherlock holes
It Rocks.!
SmokeyQuartz
Forum Officer

$ 14

Aura:

3193 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: LolMy new book I read Reply with quote

VK_King_ wrote:
The new book I read was..The House of Silk by Sherlock holes
It Rocks.!

I have always loved Sherlock Holmes novels!! its kinda cool because of all the movies recently that a lot of the older versions of the novels are resurfacing again. . . .and its easier to find the out of print ones on sites like Amazon.

did you like The house of silk?? This one in particular i didnt read. . ..yet!
VK_King_

$ 19

AB Rep: +10
Aura:

17111 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Yeah Reply with quote

Yeah Smokey(If i can call you that) Its awesome...and u might wanna read that!
SmokeyQuartz
Forum Officer

$ 14

Aura:

3193 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks VK!! i cant wait to get my hands on it. If im not on the computer gaming on here i have a book in my hands lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: