Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss   Posters of the Month   Prizes  
One in five American adults does not use the internet!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk Search Forum
Recent Topics
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 634

AB Rep: +206
Aura:

266440 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: One in five American adults does not use the internet! Reply with quote

I find the above statistic shocking in 2012! It's from the Pew Internet Project article here:

http://pewinternet.org/Reports/2012/Digital-differences/Overview.aspx

The most surprising part comes to the reason why they don't use the Internet here:

Quote:
Among adults who do not use the internet, almost half have told us that the main reason they donít go online is because they donít think the internet is relevant to them.

What do you think of the article's findings on American adults using the Internet?

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

335901 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really that shocked, I'm guessing most of those are males.

I have only seen my dad use the internet once or twice in my life, and that was to print out directions.
Ernie
Forum Officer

Over there, but still here.

AB Rep: +20
Aura:

79170 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if senior citizens are included in this study, it isn't so surprising. I don't believe that any of my relatives who are senior citizens use the internet, or even own a computer for that matter.
Master Of Puppets

Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

0 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Ernie. I bought my parents their first PC for their 50th Wedding Anniversary. That was only 2 years ago so prior to that they were lucky if they could even spell PC not alone use one. Very Happy
rogbow

Ohio

$ 514

AB Rep: +187
Aura:

939206 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually these results don't surprise me at all. Most of the older generations that didn't have the computer available won't use it or refrain from it at least around here where I live. My parents want nothing to do with it at all Exclamation
tarpit

77 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: One in five American adults does not use the internet! Reply with quote

wow,that is amazing Exclamation
Cloud 9

- On Cloud 9 -

$ 12

17549 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea 1 in 5 sounds about right to me, and most can't even afford a PC and or have no access to internet in rural areas.
DissonantMuse

AB Rep: +1

6068 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The internet is still fairly new in perspective, and it's pretty understandable that not a lot of people use it, however more and more things are being done through the internet so most likely the numbers of people using the internet will increase over time. Pretty interesting statistic though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: