Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Just finished moving into a friend's apartment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk Search Forum
Recent Topics
MartyU

$ 32

AB Rep: +7
Aura:

26283 Credits

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Just finished moving into a friend's apartment Reply with quote

They're letting me stay with them over the summer for my internship here for practically free. So obviously I feel like I've landed a pretty sweet deal.

But today I got here, they're both still gone visiting family, and it's filthy.
I killed more bugs than I'd like to mention and the shower is horrible. It might be better when they're both here helping out, and this is just a first impression.

I'm weighing the pros and cons of this and can't decide if it's a good deal or not. What do ya'll think?
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends - when do you think they will get back - how much will they help clean the place - is there an alternative option?
neeraffa

1st gamer to reach $1000

England

$ 1958

AB Rep: +334
Aura:

25326 Credits

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess you found out why it was so cheap! Razz
Master Of Puppets

Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The phrase 'It looked on paper' comes to mind. On one hand the cost to you is minimal but if this is what to expect on a regular basis (lack of maintenance) and you find yourself doing a lot of the cleaning and upkeep, can you justify the cheap price for what you will have to do in return. I can think of another suitable phrase...'Nothing in life is ever truly free!'

If you don't mind helping (or doing) all the cleaning up and you can think of it as a sort of trade off for not paying much (if any) rent then yeah go for it!

If however the task is so great that it becomes a full time job to go along with your internship then maybe other option(s) should be considered.

I think there is too much unknown right now to make a final decision. It may take a week or so after they get back home to decide. I think in that time I would be looking at other living arrangement just in case it doesn't work out. It never hurts to have options.

Hope it works out for you MartyU!
Ernie
Forum Officer

Over there, but still here.

AB Rep: +20
Aura:

79235 Credits

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you're exactly what these people need to get out of their hygiene slump. Serious cleaning from an outside source may be enough to jump-start them into maintaining their own home.

It's also possible that they'll enjoy the cleanliness while it lasts and then go back to their old ways. Hard to say what will happen, but it can't hurt to give it a go.

MartyU

$ 32

AB Rep: +7
Aura:

26283 Credits

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have mentioned that "prictically free" really means I'm only paying for the marginal difference my living here will have on the utilities costs.

Knight- I could try and find a new apartment with friends altogether but I doubt it'll be easy since most of my friends have moved out of town for the summer. Also, I'm not in a financial position that would allow me getting my own apartment.

MasterOP / Ernie- I hope so! I'll keep all that in mind and I'm definitely going to stick around and see how things go.

Thanks for the feedback everyone Smile
Stubyone

3662 Credits

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beggers can't be choosers Crying or Very sad I'm sure most of us have had a ruff patch in our lives and had to do things we didn't want to. Hopefully things will get better for you Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: