Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Flash, and cache ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Computing Search Forum
Recent Topics
Eagle_Kiwi
Eagle Eye

Dunedin, New_Zealand

$ 78

AB Rep: +28
Aura:

87185 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Flash, and cache ? Reply with quote

I've a problem.
In recent weeks I find more and more AB games where my Adobe Flash gets bogged down, becomes very jerky and/or freezes, then often comes up with message about Adobe script running slow.

It's NOT an AB problem, as I've found this page ( http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html ) which every time now will sit saying "loading" for 25 secs, then "Warning: Unresponsive plugin..." and/or "A script in the movie is causing Adobe Flash to run slowly. ...".
If I then tell it to continue anyway the proper data then comes up instantly.

BUT - that's only with FF. I can access that page just fine in IE, Opera, or Chrome!

So my FF/Flash has a problem.
An obvious answer might be to clear cache and/or uninstall/reinstall Flash. But I'm paranoid about losing all my saved games etc, which I believe may be stored on my PC here - perhaps in here: C:\Users\ek\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\HBB4HS7Q\www.arcadeboss.com ??
That folder is over 1MB, containing 275 files and 376 sub-folders (mainly .SOL and .SWF files). Can someone tell me how/when THAT ever gets purged ? (I wonder if it's so full it's causing the slowdown in Flash?)

And furthermore, that folder includes lots of game names, but NOT "Fragger", that I specifically searched for as a test case, as I KNOW this game DOES remember all my level scores. So - WHERE does it do its remembering ? I've searched my whole C-drive - NO file with "fragger" in its name.

Any constructive help or suggestions would be gratefully received, as I'm now almost at the point where I just can't play anything. Well, not in FF anyway. Sad
Master Of Puppets

Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey E_K,

I don't know how useful this is but I remember this post by rogbow concerning flash player and cache...

rogbow wrote:
all game information is stored in your flash player. If you ever clean up your computer don't delete the cache in the flash player or your information will be lost.

If you click on your flash player go to the storage tab then click on local storage by site you will see the sites that have information saved in your flash player. Now above that you have 3 options I recommend that you select the option ( ask me before allowing new sites to save information on this computer ) otherwise the default setting will allow any site to save information on your computer which will eventually slow your flash player and or work improperly over time.

It seems like you can't pick and choose what you want to delete from flash but rather you can decide which sites are allowed to store files on you PC. Does that sound right to you?

P.S. E_K you should really check your PC security. It looks like some young guy has hacked into your account and replaced your avatar with a likeness of himself! Shocked Very Happy
Eagle_Kiwi
Eagle Eye

Dunedin, New_Zealand

$ 78

AB Rep: +28
Aura:

87185 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest, MoP. Smile
Yes, I had seen that post - surprisingly the only one I could find on the subject. I hope Mr. Rogbow might be able to shed a little further light here now. Rolling Eyes

Yes, all I've seen seems to suggest it's either all or nothing from each particular site. I suspect I might get away with manually deleting a folder like "binb-mochi" (for example) then I'd expect "BinB" game to forget all my history there - but it might screw something up, so I won't try!

re: P.S. - Hey, all I did was say "all off, top 'n' bottom" to my barber. It happens every coupla months or so, but I'm not about to offer daily update photos. Wink
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this works great over short periods of time and this also controls which sites are allowed to save information on your computer or not. You have the power to control it.

rogbow wrote:
all game information is stored in your flash player. If you ever clean up your computer don't delete the cache in the flash player or your information will be lost.

If you click on your flash player go to the storage tab then click on local storage by site you will see the sites that have information saved in your flash player. Now above that you have 3 options I recommend that you select the option ( ask me before allowing new sites to save information on this computer ) otherwise the default setting will allow any site to save information on your computer which will eventually slow your flash player and or work improperly over time.

Also if you have an external storage drive you can always move your saved game files to it every so often and clean the rest of the junk on your flash player off it then just let your saved game information on external drive or move it back when ever you need it. It's a little complicated but, these are the only 2 ways to help keep your flash player cleaned out as to not overload and then act up. If you need further help just PM me E_K

There are 2 other options that can help with this problem just PM me as I will explain further Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Computing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: