Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Lauren Hill fullfills her dream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk Search Forum
Recent Topics
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Lauren Hill fullfills her dream Reply with quote

This is such a sad story in which I saw on ESPN today.

Lauren Hill has inoperable brain cancer and only has just a few months left to live. But, she is one of the most courageous and inspiring persons I have seen. Cincinnati's Xavier University basketball stadium which sold out in less than 1 hour was packed with 10,000 people just to see her play and root her on. Not only did she score the first points of the game but, the last points as well.

Here's her story and video... Lauren Hill

Such a touching story and what a brave girl she is Sad

God Bless you Lauren !!
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly is shocking that at 19 that she would be facing death from such a disease! I guess it's true that one is never too young to die!

...and here I thought Brittany Maynard was young to end her own life at 29...
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is such a shame that this disease takes so many lives each year and that it does not matter your age either young or old Crying or Very sad In cases like this it does not even seem fair that someone like her has to deal with such a thing as this but, I guess this is part of life that we must deal with whether we like it or not.

I was always told GOD has plans for all and when it's your time there is no way to stop it and everyone has their own purpose in life. I guess in Lauren's case it was to shed light on this form of cancer and be a huge inspiration to others in which she has done with her held high.

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brittany maynard had ended her life and was a touching story as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPfe3rCcUeQ

made me look as life and death differently, strange how something like that can do so much from a person you don't even know.

Great Canada - US Host...
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lonny wrote:

made me look as life and death differently, strange how something like that can do so much from a person you don't even know.

Yes it is Lonny just reminds us how precious life really is and it can be gone before we know it. Thanks for sharing the video of Brittney.

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no prob, user above mentioned me of her and her documentary/story still comes up on on our local station...

Great Canada - US Host...
msidoh

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I saw a video clip of Lauren Hill scoring at that match. While I was watching, I think a pesky fly flew into my eye and made my eyes water. That's my excuse anyway. But kidding aside, it is a very moving story, and her courage is to be applauded.
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Lonny yes Gary mentioned her and I heard about it before but, had not seen the video with her story now I know her story as well. Another sad story Crying or Very sad

@msidoh yes I had a couple of flies in my eyes as well Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: