Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Marriage is more beneficial for men than women, study shows!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk Search Forum
Recent Topics
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Marriage is more beneficial for men than women, study shows! Reply with quote

Marriage has long been cited as a health booster, with couples living in wedded bliss more likely to live longer and have fewer emotional problems.

Yet a new study suggests that women hardly benefit from tying the knot.

Landmark research by University College London, the London School of Economics and The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine found that single women do not suffer the same negative health effects as unmarried men.

In fact, middle aged women who had never married had virtually the same chance of developing metabolic syndrome – a combination of diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity - as married women.

And although they showed slightly higher levels of a biomarker which signifies an increased risk of breathing problems, it was far lower than the risk of illness for unmarried men. The same was true of a biomarker for heart problems which was raised 14 per cent in men but was barely noticeable in women.

“Not marrying or cohabiting is less detrimental among woman than men,” said Dr George Ploubidis, a population health scientist at the UCL Institute of Education.

“Being married appears to be more beneficial for men.”

Marriage is more beneficial for men than women, study shows

$ 74

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

131488 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they redo this study in 40 years time, I wonder what effect the advent of gay marriage will have. Will it only affect one partner in an all male relationship or would it affect both equally, just a thought.
But, I suppose I'd have to agree with the study in as much that I've been married for over 20 years and although I'm more routined now than I ever used to be and don't act so impulsively as I used to, I'm happier than I would have been if I'd stayed single, although if I'd stayed single I'd probably not be around any more with the way I used to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: