Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
getting a gold tegu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Archives Search Forum
Recent Topics
taz775

BOW TO MY SUPERIOR INTELLECT!

$ 77

AB Rep: +4

14251 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: getting a gold tegu Reply with quote

i am getting a gold tegu i have a 50 gallon tank and im getting it as a baby is this enough room and if you have information about them please post what they mostly eat and other information Very Happy
staffidog

Heywood, Gtr Manchester

2068 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to google the name as I didnt know what it was. Anyway there is a lot of info on the net about them, not sure if im allowed to put website references on here but just put the name in and it brings up a lot of info.

I suggest you get reading though, looks like a lot of attention is needed, not just like putting a bowl of food and water down for a dog. Hope it all goes well Very Happy
Eagle_Kiwi
Eagle Eye

Dunedin, New_Zealand

$ 78

AB Rep: +28
Aura:

87185 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

staffidog wrote:
... not sure if im allowed to put website references on here ...

Hi Staffi (hmmmm, u sound like a German ex-tennis champ when I put it that way Wink ) - just thought to say yes, absolutely, nothing against putting any relevant links in the forum here.

I do it especially when posting about a game here, a link directly to it helps others check it out - but links to external sites are also fine.

(I've still no idea what a tegu is - I guess some kind of fish?, and a neat word to show off to Scrabble opponents - but if someone added a good link in a thread like this, then that saves everyone else having to do all the googling or whatever themselves, so we all benefit.)
taz775

$ 77

14251 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a tegu is a lizard that can grow up to 4.5 feet long
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet I would love one of those.. But I know nothing about them
staffidog

Heywood, Gtr Manchester

2068 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Eagle_Kiwi"]
staffidog wrote:

Hi Staffi (hmmmm, u sound like a German ex-tennis champ when I put it that way Wink ) - just thought to say yes, absolutely, nothing against putting any relevant links in the forum here.

Thanks for letting me know that Eagle, I will bear it in mind next time. Oh and by the way staffi is about as close as I get to being either German or an ex-tennis champ.....I can manage swingball but not tennis Very Happy

The link that I looked at for the tegu is http://www.the-lizard-lounge.com/content/species/golden-tegu.asp

Also were some references to videos on You Tube of them being fed, look to grow to be quite large lizards. Would cost about £125 in the UK if I wanted one but I will stick to dogs.

Have you got one yet taz?
ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on how fast growing they are, depending on how often you plan to clean it's home, depending on what you feed it, depending on how much waste they produce a 50 gallon tank will be way too small in the long run. If they can grow to 4.5 feet and a 50 gallon tank is only 4 feet long(not to mention it's only 13 inches wide) I would suggest getting a smaller lizard for that tank.

From the brief read I did on another site the requirements for this animal are quite high. This is an animal you're considering providing a home for. Make sure that you can provide it with the best possible surroundings you can. Not the minimum mind you, but the BEST you can. Good luck with whatever your decision is.
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh a pet?

Yah, I concur with ICBM on this one, better make damned sure you got what it takes to care for it.

If it all goes wrong people are gonna come down on you like a ton of bricks.
taz775

$ 77

14251 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="staffidog"]
Eagle_Kiwi wrote:
staffidog wrote:

Thanks for letting me know that Eagle, I will bear it in mind next time. Oh and by the way staffi is about as close as I get to being either German or an ex-tennis champ.....I can manage swingball but not tennis Very Happy

The link that I looked at for the tegu is http://www.the-lizard-lounge.com/content/species/golden-tegu.asp

Also were some references to videos on You Tube of them being fed, look to grow to be quite large lizards. Would cost about £125 in the UK if I wanted one but I will stick to dogs.

Have you got one yet taz?

no but getting one next week firs looking up info Smile
yes icbm but im getting it as a baby i guess i can build it a better home
staffidog

Heywood, Gtr Manchester

2068 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well keep us informed taz, pics, name etc, I like lizards but there is no way we could have one with 2 dogs Shocked
taz775

$ 77

14251 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok when i get him i will try to post pictures of him growing Smile
taz775

$ 77

14251 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting my tegu tomarrow might post picture tommarow Smile
i finaly got my gold tegu i will try to post pictures
staffidog

Heywood, Gtr Manchester

2068 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you finally got one, how's it going with the little fella, dont forget to post a pic and his or her name Very Happy
taz775

$ 77

14251 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i will try not sure how but i will try Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Archives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: