Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Flaming Idiot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Archives Search Forum
Recent Topics
Darkstarsol

$ 14

AB Rep: +2

791 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Flaming Idiot Reply with quote

It had to be brought up at some point, yes it's the burning Koran story.

Now I'm a very tolerant person, I even gave New Coke a chance but this whole saga really gets on my nerves. This Pastor, what the hell does he think he is doing?

For someone that represents a faith that supposedly preaches love, peace and understanding all he seems to want is firstly his 15 minutes of fame and secondly to cause as much destruction and unrest as possible.

What on earth does he thinks he's going to accomplish? Surely he knows that all he is doing is setting back years of peoples hard work that has been mending the ties between America and the Muslim world. I mean why decide to burn something that millions of people hold sacred? Could you imagine what would happen if an Imam decided to burn copies of the Bible on Easter Sunday? Also, where the hell is he getting all these copies of the Koran from? Surely if he goes into a bookstore and asks for 50,000 copies of the Korna while wearing a dog collar the owner will get suspicious.

Anyway in my opinion this Pastor is nothing but a twat of the highest order that wants the world to burn so long as he can have his time in the spotlight. He doesn't care about the mosque near ground zero (which incidentally is hurting no-one and is certainly not an insult to anyone) all he cares about is his own ego and twisted point of view. But that's my opinion, all other greatly received.
-White-Wolf-

____-W-W-___

$ 1266

AB Rep: +221
Aura:

1137635 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ive seen this story on our new's like twice in the last week + we live in New Zealand.
I dont want to put any religous talk forward, im not religous..
But i agree this should not take place at all, but i guess it's happened before, one man's action's has + will really hurt America.
If this goes ahead i dont look forward to hearing about the retaliation afterward's.
When i saw him on the new's ranting + raving he looked like the very determined sort, i hope something or someone change's his mind.
Or possibly the law should be stepping in here?
Id like to here the American Goverment's side on this, do they want to stop him, can they? Surely they can, Surely they Must!
Like you said, what give's him the right.
No good will become of this.
bedem15

-->"Beantown"<--

Boston

$ 919

AB Rep: +41
Aura:

147379 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats all he wants is his 15 minutes...the guy makes no sense....everyone in this country yells and scremas about other religions and their violence, and then they want to go and do something like this...its ridiculous
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Flaming Idiot Reply with quote

Darkstarsol wrote:
It had to be brought up at some point, yes it's the burning Koran story.

Didn't the Florida pastor responsible for this finally call it off though?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/11/new.york.jones/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1
mel2win

Ireland

$ 409

AB Rep: +17
Aura:

39509 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ye I think hes called it off.....unbelievable wat ppl will do to get in the spotlight
Darkstarsol

$ 14

AB Rep: +2

791 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am glad he seems to be calling it off I think the damage has already been done, the actual burning is now irrellevant. Already in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq etc there have been violent demonstrations with at least 3 protestors shot outside a UN base.

As this is a family site I won't use the language I want to as this kind of thing is one of those things that really gets to me. Anyway time will see how this turns out.
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkstarsol wrote:
While I am glad he seems to be calling it off I think the damage has already been done, the actual burning is now irrellevant. Already in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq etc there have been violent demonstrations with at least 3 protestors shot outside a UN base.

As bad as this news is, it is still much better than having video images of Terry Jones tossing a Quran into an open fire spreading across the world. I really couldn't think of better propaganda than that for the Taliban. I'm glad he called it off at least for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Archives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: