Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Update: Some games being disqualified for prizes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Contests Search Forum
Recent Topics
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcadeBoss wrote:
Update: Originally the All-Time Boss trophies were reduced due to this new feature, however we have decided to keep the All-Time Boss independent of the new feature, so the All-Time Boss trophies will include all games including flagged games.

I thought we were keeping these all-time highscores, but were just unable to compete for boss of the month with these games?

I lost about 15-20 all-times so far because of this update Surprised
neeraffa

1st gamer to reach $1000

England

$ 1958

AB Rep: +334
Aura:

25326 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost 5 all-times and cannot understand why Doomed (no glitches,took me nearly 2 hours to get and i can provide video proof if needed) and Lightning Pool 2 (same story with this one) have been removed.

I can't remember what other 3 have been removed of mine.....
ArcadeBoss
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

AB Rep: +111
Aura:

1171784 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, after having spend a lot of time dealing with various cheating issues, I decided that we were just going to have to get tougher and close some additional vulnerabilities related to the scoring.

I'm not too happy about it myself, and if you aren't either you can blame it on the fun-killing cheaters. Mad

Again we are trying to make lemonade from these lemons by at least improving the site score security, to make things more fair, even if it means less games available that are eligible.

More game exclusions: IBPV1 type-scores and some other low-tech score types are no longer contributing to BOTM or All-Time Boss or any contests. There are a few more exclusions coming soon as well.

All-Time Boss: The exclusions were extended to All-Time Boss in order to make everything consistent and as secure as possible.

To help players, there is a new page which lists all games which are valid for contests and trophies. You can find this link on the prizes page, or here...

http://www.arcadeboss.com/prizegames.php
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcadeBoss wrote:
All-Time Boss: The exclusions were extended to All-Time Boss in order to make everything consistent and as secure as possible.

To help players, there is a new page which lists all games which are valid for contests and trophies. You can find this link on the prizes page, or here...

Alright, fair enough. Thanks for answering my question.

I did notice that a lot of the games that were removed from the competition were older games and games that some scores seemed impossible on.

This sucks because I am good at a lot of those games that were closed off from the competition, and I lost over 1/4 of my all-time high scores, but I'm sure I can make it back in the future, I just need to get used to some of these newer games.

Hopefully this will make all competition legit.

Thanks for the update,

- Eddie
Destroyer

DMC

Parts Unknown

AB Rep: +93
Aura:

998147 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My profile shows me as having 0 first place all-times but I still have the all-time on Commander Keen. Is Commander Keen one of those games? I've never seen a glitch in that game.
Joe.Boxer

Forum Rat

AB Rep: +28
Aura:

1250 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since certain people are the contributing problem to cheating I think a list of them should be made public. As long as they stay hidden in the shadows they have nothing to fear. If they were in the open they'd be ostracized and eventually driven from the site. Honest people here are the ones being punished because others aren't capable of playing the games honestly.

JMO.

neeraffa

1st gamer to reach $1000

England

$ 1958

AB Rep: +334
Aura:

25326 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcadeBoss wrote:
Yesterday, after having spend a lot of time dealing with various cheating issues, I decided that we were just going to have to get tougher and close some additional vulnerabilities related to the scoring.

I'm not too happy about it myself, and if you aren't either you can blame it on the fun-killing cheaters. Mad

Again we are trying to make lemonade from these lemons by at least improving the site score security, to make things more fair, even if it means less games available that are eligible.

More game exclusions: IBPV1 type-scores and some other low-tech score types are no longer contributing to BOTM or All-Time Boss or any contests. There are a few more exclusions coming soon as well.

Thanks AB - anything that deters cheats is all good with me! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Contests All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: