Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Stem cells restore some vision to legally blind women!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Archives Search Forum
Recent Topics
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Stem cells restore some vision to legally blind women! Reply with quote

From an individual achievement to a medical breakthrough of sorts; restoring some vision to the blind:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/embryonic-stem-cells-appear-to-restore-some-vision-to-legally-blind-patient/2012/01/23/gIQAoHMPLQ_story.html

and the YouTube video about this breakthrough courtesy of Global National:

What do you think of this news? What do you think this means for the future of stem cell research?

Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think stem cell research holds the key to a lot of medical breakthroughs, unfortunately it isn't sharp enough to cut through all the bureaucratic red tape.

Now if only they could put all these miracles in a tiny little bottle and need a prescription to get it...

Nice story though Gary, Merci Beaucoup!!
Lonny

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quit possible stem search can be the cure for everything. Hell even AIDS.
It''s funny but yet sad that this is the same stuff George W. was throwing a fit about and used his first veto power, saying that an embryonic stem-cell research bill "crossed a moral boundary." and caned it.

So until politicians/presidents and so on put a side differences this will never pass in this country.

Almost all humans on this planet has cancer cells in their body. In most of these people they just lie dormant never waken, but when those cells start altering the genes that stop aging it seems that the cancer cells are turned on..

Seen it on a health documentary.
They went on and said IF they can figure out how to turn off those cancer cells, the sky is the limit to how long humans can extend their life..

I hope to see this become a standard practice in my time in the U.S. I wont hold my breath.

and good for this person on getting his sight back, hope he lives a long life with his new sight..

Great Canada - US Host...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Archives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: