Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Contest Prize Adjustments
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Contests Search Forum
Recent Topics
ArcadeBoss
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

AB Rep: +111
Aura:

1171784 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Contest Prize Adjustments Reply with quote

This is notice to all our contest competitors that we are making some big adjustments in the contest cash prizes. Due to several reasons, we are going to be lowering the amounts of prizes significantly.

Probably the primary reason is that I'm having to make hard financial choices at this time, but also, as many are aware, the fatter prizes tempt some players into trying to cheat, which nobody likes and this further creates more work for our staff.

So, this is your notice that prizes will be adjusted. Perhaps we will lose a few players who were only focused on the cash, but I'd rather everyone was just playing for fun anyway.
Fullmoon

$ 51

AB Rep: +78
Aura:

1681 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully support this choice!!Thank you for the news AB Wink
ArcadeBoss
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

Aura:

1171784 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your support, Fullmoon. Smile
neeraffa

1st gamer to reach $1000

England

$ 1958

AB Rep: +334
Aura:

25326 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no problem with this AB....GAME ON! Cool
Tenchithepimp

New England

$ 119

AB Rep: +25
Aura:

145345 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neeraffa wrote:
I've no problem with this AB....GAME ON! Cool
Well said GAME ON!! Very Happy
Master Of Puppets

Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good decision AB. The spirit of competition should be the only motivator needed! (Oh and a few more credits wouldn't hurt either Wink )

Also AB, with the site hopefully moving closer to the ultimate goal of being 'cheat' free would it be possible to bring back some of the ineligible games and let them count again towards BOTM? I know this has been asked before but with this latest prize adjustment hopefully all but eliminating the cheaters, would it be possible to try it. If after they get brought back into play they are still being manipulated then so be it, get rid of them.

I know myself I have stopped playing quite a few games that I used to really enjoy, but when they were removed from being eligible I just gave up on them. I, like probably most other gamers here like seeing my name on the leader board and when that incentive was taken away I lost interest in playing them.

Cheers and Happy New Year, I hope everything works out well for you and the site with these latest moves.

MOP
ArcadeBoss
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

Aura:

1171784 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master of Puppets, that is an interesting idea. We'd have to run it by LalinGouki and other mods, as well as open for discussion by other players. I'm possibly open to this, if there is a concensus, but we'll all need to think about it. Thoughts, everyone?
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in my view a glitch is one thing but where it makes the actual purpose of competition obsolete then it's another thing.

Some of these games could be reinstated I guess, but I think some should remain out of competition.

Also I mentioned this in the mods forum, but there needs to be more variation in the prizes - making some prizes for cents would be better than all $1 and the top $2.

Maybe 2nd place should be $1.75, 3rd place $1.50, 4th place $1.25, 5th place $1.00 and all beneath 50 cents.

NickP16AUS

Professional Idiot

Australia

$ 163

AB Rep: +59
Aura:

109381 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be interesting to see how many players will stay now. I for one am going to, the money was always a bonus to me Smile

I like that idea M.O.P because i was thinking of getting rid of my paypal and just going for the credits but may if those with paypal could also have a few more credits would be handy.

Yea something along those lines Dr.N. Maybe if you get rid of some of the last few $1 prizes in BOTM, for example instead of having 25 prizes have 10-15 and up the prize money of the first 5 players and leave places 6-15 at $1 ?
Just saying because i don't think their will be 25 paypal players going for BOTM. Just an idea Wink
marcman88

$ 30

AB Rep: +3
Aura:

32370 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support your idea as well. I am not trying to get rich from playing games on this site. I enjoy the competitive nature and seeing myself in the list.
neeraffa

1st gamer to reach $1000

England

$ 1958

AB Rep: +334
Aura:

25326 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 rep for this post.....

Dr. Nürburg wrote:
Well in my view a glitch is one thing but where it makes the actual purpose of competition obsolete then it's another thing.

Some of these games could be reinstated I guess, but I think some should remain out of competition.

Also I mentioned this in the mods forum, but there needs to be more variation in the prizes - making some prizes for cents would be better than all $1 and the top $2.

Maybe 2nd place should be $1.75, 3rd place $1.50, 4th place $1.25, 5th place $1.00 and all beneath 50 cents.

Gives a difference between 2nd,3rd etc which makes sense.

As Dr.N said about the glitch games - another good comment as a lot would be fine to re-install maybe including those games with no glitch problems and were just burdened by the weak high score system e.g. - lightning pool etc

Also as MOP stated Maybe the credit prizes could be upped to compensate..?
carltontx

USA

$ 117

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

85766 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love this ideal

if it was up to me i would have it so you can only win $1 in each of the contests.

this way the site could pay more members for their activity and would be senseless to try and cheat to be at the top if you could play honestly and get the same amount.

instead of giving the top players more money which as stated tempts some to cheat have a monthly award that would be awarded as a lottery and any member who qualified for a $1 prize would be placed into the pool for the monthly prize for each T.O.M this way cheating would get you no where and the players that play a bunch but never get in the top slot would have as much of a chance to win the monthly top prize as those that are on top all the time.
msidoh

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, sounds good to me. Very Happy
If this new system still stretches your finances, you could even try offering cash prizes to only positions 1, 2, and 3, and then credits to positions 4 to 15. An added twist could be an individual player cannot win cash in two consecutive months.
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your decision anything to help stop cheating is always a good thing. Although I don't believe this will solve the problem as I believe some of the cheaters are after the high scores too and not the money alone. The money for me personally was a bonus.

The credit part could be a good idea but, there are already MID month, END of the month and FREE tourney's with tons of credits paid out every month already which in my opinion is more than enough for right now and besides a few things need to be considered before implementing any more credit rewards.

$ 51

AB Rep: +78
Aura:

1681 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@msidoh
Hey msidoh,I think that reward with the money only the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place is an incentive for the cheaters!!

it is right that all players are rewarded...I like the amounts indicated by Dr.Nurburg Wink

As regards the credits I agree with rogbow!!...the increase was already done lately..we have plenty of credits!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Contests All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: