Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Contest Prize Adjustments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Contests Search Forum
Recent Topics
msidoh

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Fullmoon
Yes, you could be right, Fullmoon. A cheater will always cheat when money is involved, even when it is cents.

I simply thought that it would ease the burden on AB by offering a dollar each to the top three instead of the top 15, which would result in an overall payout by AB of only 3 dollars instead of 15.
Fullmoon

$ 51

AB Rep: +78
Aura:

1681 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msidoh wrote:
@Fullmoon
Yes, you could be right, Fullmoon. A cheater will always cheat when money is involved, even when it is cents.

I simply thought that it would ease the burden on AB by offering a dollar each to the top three instead of the top 15, which would result in an overall payout by AB of only 3 dollars instead of 15.

Yes, you are an honest person who understood the financial problems of the site..immediately I understood your reasoning Wink ...exact, paying only the top three finishers there would be the race to the standings by cheaters....even if for grabs there are few dollars Wink
Feegee

$ 11

AB Rep: +2

47843 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Nürburg wrote:
Well in my view a glitch is one thing but where it makes the actual purpose of competition obsolete then it's another thing.

Some of these games could be reinstated I guess, but I think some should remain out of competition.

Also I mentioned this in the mods forum, but there needs to be more variation in the prizes - making some prizes for cents would be better than all $1 and the top $2.

Maybe 2nd place should be $1.75, 3rd place $1.50, 4th place $1.25, 5th place $1.00 and all beneath 50 cents.
I like this idea Very Happy
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adjustment wasn't really made to stop cheaters, it was made because this site isn't bringing in enough income for AB to give away huge prizes. I would continue to play here for free though, I've been here for too long to just leave because there is no money involved; as much as I miss making money from playing games ;x
Eagle_Kiwi
Eagle Eye

Dunedin, New_Zealand

$ 78

AB Rep: +28
Aura:

87185 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me pitch in, a little late . . .

I think reductions are a great idea if necessary. No problem.
To me the difference between winning $20 and winning $1 is nothing compared with a difference between $1 and zero. In other words, the concept of simply winning ANY real money (yes, even $1) from a games site is amazing - I'm looking forward to my $1 or two at the end of Feb, after which I shall happily switch my Paypal off again. Smile

I do tend to think something a little more (e.g. $5 or $3) to just the TOP person would look nice, and provide further incentive for everyone all the way down, while still not being enough to attract too many gold-diggers ?

Roll on, AB Cool
neeraffa

1st gamer to reach $1000

England

$ 1958

AB Rep: +334
Aura:

25326 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Eagle I agree, but like you there should be a little more to separate the top 3 from the rest (even if it was 1st-$3,2nd-$2,3rd-$1.50) or even tho there are quite a lot of credits won each month a BIG (10k ish) credit win for BOTM,Tourney and Posters of the month as winning any of those 3 is a bit of a big deal and not that easy to do....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Contests All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: