Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
#Cut4Bieber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk Search Forum
Recent Topics
NickP16AUS

Professional Idiot

Australia

$ 163

AB Rep: +59
Aura:

109381 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: #Cut4Bieber Reply with quote

I'm sure those of you that have facebook have noticed the latest "act of stupidity" coming from Justin Bieber fans. It's called #Cut4Bieber. I personally think it is the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

Vertually what the #Cut4bieber is, is many of his fans have all joined together and started to cut their wrists (self harming) because he was caught smoking weed Confused

These girls in all honesty are immature idiots to me. The fan base age is so young! They are just little kids, younger then me, self harming. Disgraceful!

Some of the pictures that they have posted actually make my stomach turn, they're going all out on this one. To many are making jokes about this but i find it really serious. Yea some of you may disagree but these girls are making suicide threats, most bluffing but some aren't. What do you guys think about it?

One thing i want to know is where are the parents trying to prevent this?

P.S > If you have twitter go through some of the Justin Bieber posts.
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was originally a fake rumour circulated to see the reaction and unfortunately some girls did the same and died.

It's just nuts and I honestly find it very hard to believe there'd be a real mass self-harming 'ritual' just because one guy who, let's face it isn't exactly the next Queen, smoked a joint.

Destroyer

DMC

Parts Unknown

AB Rep: +93
Aura:

998147 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh I really don't have any feelings towards the girls who actually cut themselves unless if they are simply too young to know any better. If you love a stranger that much to cut yourself then go ahead and knock yourself out for all I care weirdo. Pretty extreme to cut yourself over a stranger smoking weed. Lots of people smoke weed and continue to have success such as Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre for example. People need to get over the idea that smoking weed is such a horrible thing to do. Geez.

So did anyone actually die from this hoax? I didn't hear anything about that. I just heard it was a hoax.

NickP16AUS

Professional Idiot

Australia

$ 163

Aura:

109381 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot tell for sure but a few sites say 1-2 girls have died from it. Probably part of the hoax or not Confused Well here is a site to have a look at, I don't think this is a reliable source tho. Also, if a young girl would have died it would be all over the news and the media would milk the crap out it.

Two teens allegedly died, Mary Jazzy Richards and Addison Smith. If you scroll down there are pictures of them.
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@NickP16AUS The article was recently updated...

Quote:
**UPDATE**

As expected it turns out the two ‘victims’ of the trolling group are in fact fakes. Addison Smith’s twitter image actaully sourcing to a farming article where she is named ‘McLane’ and the image of Mary Jazzy Richards actually being the mug shot of a 14-year-old, Cassidy Goodson, who gave birth to and then immediately strangled her child on the floor of her parents bathroom.

Like it says this whole thing made the internet look like it can get too out of control.... more like it was an attempt to make it look that way in order to pass further legislation to restrict it.

Hahaha. I'm in stitches... like *yeah* one tweet, sorry I mean joint, could start global mass suicides. Hahaha.

Tenchithepimp

New England

$ 119

AB Rep: +25
Aura:

145345 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Twitter and I hate Justin Bieber, it's funny how stupid people can be Twisted Evil
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenchithepimp wrote:
I hate Twitter and I hate Justin Bieber, it's funny how stupid people can be Twisted Evil

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty Nick I cannot even fathom the mindset of today's youth. I know when you enter into your pre-teen years the hormones are in full effect and you do really really stupid things. The science is there to prove it. The young brain is essentially unbalanced and thus tends to make really irrational decisions. These thought processes cannot be comprehended by the 'older' generation because we simply don't look at things the same way.

This whole Justin Beiber thing is not a new trend by any means. I think back to some of the old footage that I saw when I was young. You would see all these young girls just going ga ga over the Beatles and Elvis Presley. Their lives would teeter on every word or hip movement that they made. The one big difference with today's youth is that everything is instant. If Justin Beiber was to trip on the sidewalk it would be on everyone's facebook page or on their twitter feed in no time. Everyone can see how everyone else reacts to it and if enough all act the same it becomes the 'in' thing to do.

There was no internet back in the 60s and 70s so until you seen what these celebrities had done on TV (providing there was a camera there to get the footage, another advancement that technology had given this generation) no one would be the wiser.

Now with regards to the parents. I am willing to bet that a lot of them are oblivious to what is going on. Unlike previous generations, both parents most likely have full time jobs and lead very busy lives. Now does this excuse them for not knowing what is going on with their kids, NO, but it is becoming increasingly more difficult to keep track of your children when technology keeps advancing at the speed of light.

Some might argue, 'well your son/daughter doesn't have to be on the computer/smartphone at 12 years of age'. My answer to that is, 'well if you think that just because I limit my kid's time on the internet, that it will mean that my kid's friends parents/guardians are doing the same? Not likely. Kids are going to find out things one way or another. I think the main responsibility of todays parent is to educate their kids on how to handle this information.

Here is an example... My daughter is in grade 1 (she is 6 years old). She came one day before Christmas and told me that one little boy in her class does not believe in God nor does he believe in Santa Claus. All I could tell her is that it is OK to believe what you want to believe, but just because someone chooses to believe something doesn't make it the truth. I mean really, 6 years old and doesn't believe in Santa?? But there you go, you can't protect your kids from everything. They are going to find things out faster now then ever before and all you can do is try to rationalize what they tell you (if they tell you!) and hopefully steer them in the right direction until they are old enough to make these decisions for themselves.

I am really not looking forward to when my daughter gets into her pre teen and teenage years. I plan on being extremely vigilant when it comes to keeping tabs on her but I am also not kidding myself into thinking that I will know everything that is going on in her life. I just hope I am able to be there and do enough so she survives this 'unbalanced' phase of her life and can grow up to become a productive, sensible young lady.
msidoh

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@M.O.P.
That is one of the most erudite and well-presented pieces I have read on any forum in a long time.
I give you a +1 rep for that, and I think AB can be proud to count someone of your calibre as one of its members. Cool
Destroyer

DMC

Parts Unknown

AB Rep: +93
Aura:

998147 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very well said Master....of Puppets! I have nothing to add. You said it all.
NickP16AUS

Professional Idiot

Australia

$ 163

Aura:

109381 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! M.O.P you managed to answer all my questions and more Surprised You well and truly deserve +1 for that response! Thank you for explaining it so clearly as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: