Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Frozen freezes its competition in its SIXTH weekend!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Entertainment Search Forum
Recent Topics
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Frozen freezes its competition in its SIXTH weekend! Reply with quote

Frozen has certainly given its competition the chills as it actually manages the extremely rare feat of being the top grossing film at the box office in its SIXTH weekend of wide release!

To put this into perspective, only TWO other films have grossed a larger sum in their 6th weekend and they are Avatar and Titanic. The interesting thing is that both of these old films were directed by James Cameron!

The strange coincidence between all of these films is that they're all movies with ONE word titles!

Frozen even beat Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones which was only released this past week! The only other film in wide release for this long that is still even in the top 10 would be The Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire.

The studio weekend estimates can be found at:

http://www.boxoffice.com/

What do you think of these box office results? What did you think of the new Paranormal Activity spin-off?

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We managed to watch Frozen over the holidays. I must admit, I found it a bit contrived; it was trying to follow the usual Disney format too rigidly, and there was nothing new in the animation department. However, my son thought it was great, and he wants to see it again so, even though it doesn't appeal to me, it gets a thumbs up from me for entertaining my boy! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Entertainment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: