Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Latest Calif. Earthquake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk Search Forum
Recent Topics
Holovision

$ 12

AB Rep: +2

10532 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Latest Calif. Earthquake Reply with quote

Tonight I felt the largest earthquake I've felt since moving to the Los Angeles County.

The good news: It'll probably be five or six hours before someone on the local news says, "Hey! Weren't we talking about a missing plane or something?" Smile
Lonny

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really that was big for you? Stick around for a while you will be in a ride of your life.

By the way what city you in?
We felt in here in Riverside nice jolt nothing to worry about.

I lived just a few cities over from Northrige back in 1994. Now that I wont forget. We tend to have them BIG every 20-40 years.
We are in the middle of that since northridge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcoHJHo8d6k
Many videos like this online still.

Sylmar was just a few months after i was born so I missed that ride.

Here is a birds eye view on where I live. The trees in the front is my balcony spot.
Last year the 4 apts in the middle had some upgrades added. Right underneath me is a small walk way and patio area supported by 4 pillar's as well as thick concrete that they opened up placed re bars 1 inch thick in a cross fashion. Then filled up with concrete.
Last night the did what they were suppose to and that was to keep these buildings safe. All I felt was a strong jolt and heard the quake underneath me. Those bars should withstand a 8 mag + so with that in mind and the renters insurance I got early this year, I feel safe.

Just hope I am at home and not elsewhere when a bigger one hits, no telling on when that could be.

Great Canada - US Host...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: