Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
V For Vendetta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Books Search Forum
Recent Topics
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject: V For Vendetta Reply with quote

V For Vendetta, for a book, is certainly an adventure, in fact it is an experience which, although one hopes does not ever truthfully happen, brings one to a parallel with reality on many levels.

Many years ago I owned a very thick Superman comic book. It was also not a regular shape. It was the same size as a written novel. All of the Superman comic was in black and white.

Until the explosion of ubiquitous internet, I didn't know the book I had come to love so long ago was in fact recognized as a Graphic Novel, that is a comic book of great depth and length, with such significant character to the story that it becomes by nature more of a "novel" comic book.

That's right. The first thing I searched the internet for thereafter was a Graphic Novel.

The first one which really caught my attention was V for Vendetta, written by Alan Moore and colourfully illustrated by David Lloyd. After merely reading the first few chapters it had me completely hooked.

A powerful story about loss of freedom and individuality, V FOR VENDETTA takes place in a totalitarian England following a devastating nuclear war that changed the face of the planet. In a world without freedom of almost any kind, most notably political, emerges a mysterious man in a white, smiling porcelain mask, who fights our political criminal oppressors through strategic "vigilante" terrorism and somewhat seemingly absurd acts.

Read more...

Anyone else read this book and enjoyed it? Certainly one of my favourites.

rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never read the book.. But I have seen the movie twice it's a pretty decent movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434409/

Czech Republic

$ 1116

AB Rep: +72
Aura:

2320471 Credits

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post Dr.N., + 1 AB Rep from me Wink
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading an article over at IGN Book Icon_reading VS Movie Icon_loudspeaker . Sometimes the book is much better then the movie but, from what I read both the book and the movie are both excellent in their own rights.

Here is the article ...Book VS Movie

Interesting I think in this case both are worth checking out and neither would spoil the other.

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movie was kind of fun certainly. Quite good for a movie.

But the better thing about the graphic novel, and books in general, is it prompts your brain to create the "detail of realism", which means not only do you feel more intimately involved with the tale but in turn it feels more of an individually personal experience.

Films can only ever represent how many or most people probably experienced the novel themselves and may not always be as fun.

rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is very true Dr.N I agree the book would make you more involved and you could draw your own conclusions whereas the movie is what it is. Icon_beerchug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: