Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Transformers: Age of Extinction repeats at the top of the BO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Entertainment Search Forum
Recent Topics
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Transformers: Age of Extinction repeats at the top of the BO Reply with quote

Transformers: Age of Extinction repeats as the top grossing movie of the weekend at the box office! It earned an estimated $36.4 million in its second weekend.

Despite its repeat at the top of the box office, this represents a decline of 24% compared with 2011's Dark of the Moon.

Tammy did come close to meeting its modest expectations when it opened this weekend but it still failed to meet those expectations. This compares badly to last year's The Heat.

Deliver Us from Evil opened poorly and it will completely miss its target in terms of box office gross.

The surprise failure this weekend was Earth to Echo which looked like a 2014 version of E.T.! I guess moviegoers saw it as a 2014 knockoff of E.T. and they avoided it like the plague...

You can find the box office grosses as usual at:

http://www.boxoffice.com/

What did you think of any or all of the new films opening this past weekend? How did you think they did at the box office?

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, +1 to garyoak99 for that eclectic mix of movies!

Just my humble opinion...

Transformers: Age of Extinction:
Actually, I'm all Transformered out at the moment, and I really don't need to see another movie in the franchise at the moment. I do like some of Wahlberg's work, so I will keep an open mind, and watch it some time later when the opportunity arises.

Tammy:
From what I have read/seen about this movie, this is a classic example of what happens when you take several worthy actors (e.g. Dan Aykroyd, Susan Sarandon, Kathy Bates etc.) and throw a badly-written comic script at them. I'll give this one a miss!

Deliver Us from Evil:
I like a good horror movie, especially if it has some good ol' fashioned possessions! I might check this one out on DVD.

Earth to Echo:
I don't know about it being a 2014 knockoff of E.T. but looking at the Echo character, I would say the digital artists watched Harryhausen's 1981 movie 'Clash of the Titans' and cloned his 'Bubo' character. Maybe one to watch with my boy at Christmas...

Harryhausen's 1981 Bubo vs 2014 Echo:

[img]http://imgur.com/CDcFOWm[/img]
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msidoh wrote:
Wow, +1 to garyoak99 for that eclectic mix of movies!

Transformers: Age of Extinction:
Actually, I'm all Transformered out at the moment,

Earth to Echo:
I don't know about it being a 2014 knockoff of E.T. but looking at the Echo character, I would say the digital artists watched Harryhausen's 1981 movie 'Clash of the Titans' and cloned his 'Bubo' character. Maybe one to watch with my boy at Christmas...

Harryhausen's 1981 Bubo vs 2014 Echo:

[img]http://imgur.com/CDcFOWm[/img]

Thanks! How do you get Transformered out?

I can see the resemblance in their eyes. The similarities seem to end there though.

I think the similarities between Earth To Echo are too obvious especially considering the plot:

Earth To Echo:

Quote:
A small friendly alien robot who has become stranded on Earth. In need of their help, the three friends come together to protect the alien, which they named Echo. Alex puts Echo in the spaceship and tearfully says goodbye, the spaceship rebuilds itself by pulling each pieces up out of the ground and blasts off into the sky.

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial:

Quote:
As he returns from picking up a pizza, Elliott discovers that something is hiding in their tool shed. The creature promptly flees upon being discovered.

Standing near the spaceship, E.T.'s heart glows as he prepares to return home. Mary, Gertie, and "Keys", a government agent, show up.

Before entering the spaceship, E.T. tells Elliott "I'll be right here", pointing his glowing finger to Elliott's forehead. He then picks up the flower Gertie gave him, walks into the spaceship, and takes off, leaving a rainbow in the sky as Elliott (and the rest of them) watches the ship leave.

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyoak99 wrote:
How do you get Transformered out?

Believe me, when your son and his friends all want Transformers cars to play with, Transformers backpacks, Transformers drinking mugs, Transformers T-shirts, Transformers figures for bedrooms etc., it's easy to get "Transformered out"! It was the same ordeal with 'Cars' and Lightning McQueen a couple of years ago! Icon_loln

Quote:
I can see the resemblance in their eyes. The similarities seem to end there though.

I think the similarities between Earth To Echo are too obvious especially considering the plot:

Earth To Echo:

Quote:
A small friendly alien robot who has become stranded on Earth. In need of their help, the three friends come together to protect the alien, which they named Echo. Alex puts Echo in the spaceship and tearfully says goodbye, the spaceship rebuilds itself by pulling each pieces up out of the ground and blasts off into the sky.

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial:

Quote:
As he returns from picking up a pizza, Elliott discovers that something is hiding in their tool shed. The creature promptly flees upon being discovered.

Standing near the spaceship, E.T.'s heart glows as he prepares to return home. Mary, Gertie, and "Keys", a government agent, show up.

Before entering the spaceship, E.T. tells Elliott "I'll be right here", pointing his glowing finger to Elliott's forehead. He then picks up the flower Gertie gave him, walks into the spaceship, and takes off, leaving a rainbow in the sky as Elliott (and the rest of them) watches the ship leave.

Reading the quotes, I see what you mean about Echo vs. E.T! So, having seen both Bubo in Clash of the Titans, and E.T. many times, I reckon I can just mash the two together in my brain and call it 'Earth to Echo'. Laughing
Goldbug21

AB Rep: +2

-169 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's definitely true. It was probably just as bad as the second transformer live action movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Entertainment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: