Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Just Cause 3 Dev Giving Away an Entire Island, with caveats!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Video Gaming Search Forum
Recent Topics
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Just Cause 3 Dev Giving Away an Entire Island, with caveats! Reply with quote

Square Enix and developer Avalanche Studios have announced a new promotion for Just Cause 3 where they'll give away an entire island to one winner of an in-game contest. But, as you might have guessed, there are some major caveats that you should be aware of.

Here's how the contest will work.

Ninety days after Just Cause 3's launch on December 1, the person with the most "Chaos Points"--earned by causing mayhem in the game--will have a chance to win the Grand Prize--their very own island. The location of this island was not announced, but Square Enix says it will be valued at up to $50,000.

The major catch here is highlighted in the following section of the fine print.

"All taxes and fees associated with purchasing and obtaining of Island (including but not limited to attorney's fees, escrow, and closing costs) are the responsibility of the Winner," Square Enix said. "Sponsor does not guarantee the Island to be inhabitable, developed, or reachable by any means other than a boat."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/just-cause-3-dev-giving-away-an-entire-island-but-/1100-6430026/?ftag=YHRe6a6b70

What do you think of this news?

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not worth it, IMHO.
Unless you have a specific need/use for it, the only thing you can do with a 50,000 dollar hunk of rock is sell it on to someone else, hopefully at a profit.

Also, if I enter a competition and win, I would not expect to pay anything for my prize. Except maybe vehicle insurance and gas if I won a classic Ferrari Dino Cool
akeo

$ 74

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

247538 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would help if you knew what island it was that you have to pay to own once you've won it.
It might be stuck right in the middle of the largest undiscovered natural oil or gas reserve on the planet, in which case you're set for life.
More likely to be contaminated with radioactive waste from nuclear testing which would then presumably mean you'd be responsible for cleaning it up as the 'owner'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Video Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: