Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Sorry Men, You Cannot Advertise Maxi Pads in China Anymore!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk Search Forum
Recent Topics
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Sorry Men, You Cannot Advertise Maxi Pads in China Anymore! Reply with quote

The Chinese government issued a new set of tough guidelines that are bound to radically change advertising in the country.

According to People’s Daily, The Nanfang, and Qingdao News, the new advertising rules do things like ban child celebrities under the age of ten from doing endorsements, under the rationale that these young celebs cannot make decisions independently (i.e., adults might be making decisions for them). Fair enough!

The Nanfang adds that a handful of words, such as “best” or “most popular,” are also banned. Other phrases like “country’s top,” “international standards,” and even “recommended by Chinese leaders” cannot be used.

Celebrities also must be able to use the products that they endorse. People’s Daily, the official paper of the country’s Communist party, explains that this means male celebs, for example, cannot endorse “feminine products like tampons.”

The Nanfang and Qingdao News point to Taiwanese singer and actor Jiro Wang who appeared in Freemore maxi pad advertisements and commercials.

http://kotaku.com/sorry-men-you-cannot-advertise-maxi-pads-in-china-anym-1728692887

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Sorry Men, You Cannot Advertise Maxi Pads in China Anymo Reply with quote

garyoak99 wrote:
Celebrities also must be able to use the products that they endorse. People’s Daily, the official paper of the country’s Communist party, explains that this means male celebs, for example, cannot endorse “feminine products like tampons.”

Of course men can use them! Maybe not for the intended purpose, but they might be great for sealing an open bottle of wine... as earplugs for a quiet time... plugging a keyhole to stop drafts.... I'm sure there are many more uses.

As for the pads which are shown in the pics, well, those are probably great for mopping up spilled beer, doing an automobile oil change... Laughing
akeo

$ 74

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

247538 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Msidoh, is there something you're not telling us. Bottles of wine, spilled beer (although why you'd spill your beer is anyone's guess).
Allegedly though, Nico Rosberg uses a feminine pad inside his crash helmet to absorb sweat to prevent it running into his eyes while racing!!!
msidoh

$ 108

Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akeo wrote:
Allegedly though, Nico Rosberg uses a feminine pad inside his crash helmet to absorb sweat to prevent it running into his eyes while racing!!!

Of course, I had to look that up... and here it is:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9776303/nico-rosberg-says-he-needs-a-perfect-weekend-to-beat-lewis-hamilton

Briliant! Fortunately, I was only drinking coke when I saw that, so I didn't spill any more beer. Wink

+1 for the entertainment value!
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the words of the late great Paul Harvey...

"For what it's worth" The good news is the pads were new and not used " and now folks you have the rest of the story !!" "Paul Harvey ... Good day."

Icon_hillarious

$ 108

Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Erm... yeah, thanks for that reassurance there, rog Confused Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: