Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
ps3 vs. wii vs. xbox
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Video Gaming Search Forum
Recent Topics
jackndanni

United Kingdom

AB Rep: +1

-762 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Thats easy! Reply with quote

Out of all the game consoles the PS3 is by far the best.
The WII is to me for very young players. I found the games to very childish and of a cartoon nature. Once Id played one I felt like Id played em all, hence I sold that console.
Also used to have an Xbox360. First of the three I bought. It lasted just over twelve months until there was a problem with the 'ring of light' and it wouldn't work anymore! Apparently it was a fault with them that Microsoft eventually admitted! Also there was a lack of games being developed.
Which leaves the PS3.... good graphics, disappointing loading times but quality wise the best of all and a wide range of games to suit.
ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I have a Wii and we love it. We spend hours playing Mario Kart, Wii Sports Resort and Super Mario.
AngelicHumanForce

Aura:

-25 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: PS3 Reply with quote

First, PS3 plays ANY disc, at least the one I have does, the older 80GB version is backwards compatible, mine plays PS1, PS2, and of course PS3 games, it also plays Blu-Rays and any burned DVD ive thrown at it, as far as stand alone Blu-Ray players only playing Blu-Rays yea who cares lol, I would NEVER buy a Blu-Ray player, I would just get a PS3.

Hmm so lets see, the 80GB PS3 plays, Blu-Rays, DVD's, CD's, Burned CD's, Burned DVD's, PS1, PS2, and PS3 games, It can also run Windows XP, You can even load movies and multi media via SD card, Download games and other multi media, and ALL online play is 100% free, Superb graphics and smooth online play, perfect multi media playback, it cant be beat,so whats your choice lol?.

PS3 is the better hands down, Wii doesnt even come into the picture when comparing it to PS3 - Xbox 360, I rather have my PS2
Smile
nitestalker

top of the food chain

$ 418

AB Rep: +5

29739 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the WII maybe cartoonish but that's what makes it nintendo. Its mostly the younger kids who whine about "graphics" they weren't around when ATARI was the shiznit. It reminds of the so called gameplay of madden compared to espn football games. I still play espn2k5, I heard so much about the madden games that i shelled out $50 for the new madden just to play it for about 10 minutes and then snapped it in half and put it where it belonged IN THE TRASH. just because its costs more or looks cooler doesn't mean it's better.

my vote goes for the WII or the original XBOX

The Xbox360 has had way too many failure issues
The Ps3 just costs too much for what it is (should of been able to play all games from all previous systems)
AngelicHumanForce

Aura:

-25 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: You can erase this.. Reply with quote

I know this is off topic and kinda rude, but you probably broke your madden in half CAUSE YOU SUCK! and were frustrated.. espn2k5? roflmfao!Sad (Im a madden guru)

On topic, PS3 has a lot of great games and as someone mentioned nice EXCLUSIVES. On top of that can you really beat the playstation controller layout and feel? I think not. Bet you didnt know you can download FULL games that your friends have saved on their PS3 through the PlaystationNetwork FOR FREE. haaaaa!

PS3 is a multi media BEAST in every way period.

Ohh yea, guess you don't read other posts before you heh?, The kinda older 80GB PS3 plays PS1, PS2, cd, dvds etc etc etc. look up the model number on google, you can buy the backwards compatible PS3's on Ebay. I see no reason to buy a PS3 that isnt backwards compatible and without the SD bay.
nitestalker

top of the food chain

$ 418

AB Rep: +5

29739 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no actually madden does suck, if i wanted to watch a movie about football instead of playing and controlling the action of the game id buy madden , as for sucking at a game I think my record speaks for itself

all the months of being BOTM
Nintendo world championships finalist
24 local arcade 1st place wins (including all mortal kombat contests)
starfox 2nd place statewide (kmart promotion)
ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take nite's opinion on a video game or system before anyone else's on here. He's mentioned his achievements on here before and I have no reason to doubt them.

AngelicHumanForce,

Did YOU read any of nitestalker's posts on these (game/game system) topics before making your uninformed opinion? I'm guessing not.
bedem15

-->"Beantown"<--

Boston

$ 919

AB Rep: +41
Aura:

147379 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love my wii to play with my daughter...and i play my xbox and my nes, love the classics...have only played ps3 a few times so i have really don't have much to compare to
fshk

TripleXp

AB Rep: +3

7664 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like my Wii. I play Guitar Hero, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and Raving Rabbids. Fun games but the top system to me is Xbox 360.
aussie557

Western Australia

$ 49

4976 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps3 is okay but it could do with some more rpg games it is very far behind in the game race when xbox are all ways one step ahead sony should have made the ps3 the same way they did with the ps2 and let the ps1 games play on it.
AngelicHumanForce

Aura:

-25 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: k.. Reply with quote

Yea I read his posts. And youre right madden does suck, that is if its on PS3 and Xbox360 if thats what you played it on, all true madden gurus know "The gameplay" is better on PS2,PS3 and xbox ruined it, In fact thats the only madden I play is Madden 2010 on PS2 vs friends and online. And in PS2 you can control every aspect of the game. Where in your stats is the "Madden Stats" BTW, nintendo, starfox and MK at the arcade seriously. I'll take my opinions on football games anyday.

And i'll say it once more, since like the 3rd person said PS3 doesnt play ps1 games,PS3 DOES! play PS1 games lol.
Homelessthinker48

Lookin outside gonna make the move

$ 549

AB Rep: +11
Aura:

98484 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Madden was ruined on ps3 so i switched over to NHL im ranked in the top 100 world wide in that game!
Ernie
Forum Officer

Over there, but still here.

AB Rep: +20
Aura:

79235 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge fan of Mario and the rest of the Nintendo gang. They aren't really available, however, on the consoles other than the Wii; therefore, the Wii wins it for me.
TDKDrew

50 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personnaly in my opinion when it come to fps games 360 pretty much takes the cake and as for action adventure you go to ps3 and finally the wii which is pretty much a party slash family system
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Xbox 360, they keep updating it, and, something called " Classic Game Room " has just came out, which is a free thing where you get to play a bunch of old classic games, and save scores.. and team up with other people in some of the games..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Video Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: