Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Windows 7?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Computing Search Forum
Recent Topics
ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gnome,

I never insulted your intelligence. I don't understand why you insulted mine. I am aware that there were Beta releases of Windows 7, but considering they were Beta releases loaded with bugs I don't understand how yours could run perfectly.

I don't understand where the hostility has come from. Since you want to take cheap personal shots at me it's for the best that you leave.

BTW:

I checked what month you joined the site Gnome. It was January 2009.
Eagle_Kiwi
Eagle Eye

Dunedin, New_Zealand

$ 78

AB Rep: +28
Aura:

87185 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soultaker777 wrote:
... One thing that I've noticed in terms of quality of the Windows releases for consumer-driven PC use (not professional use or for servers) beginning with Win95, they tend to alternate between "should've been in testing for at least 2 more years" and acceptable quality. ...

That's an interesting slant. I sure agree about 98-good, ME-lousy, XP-good, Vista-lousy, but I'd never thought to extend back to say 95-lousy.

Gee, my recollection is that 95 was such a quantum leap up from 3.1 that it was, just by virtue of that, fabulous at the time. Only when 98 came out did the flaws and shortcomings in 95 begin to show, but ANY "new" thing will tend to make the "old" look bad.
I'm always amused at MS virtually rubbishing their own OS when a NEW one comes out. Suddenly they tell us all the things WRONG with the old one! (Odd they never mention those until then Wink )

(FWIW I still run two 95 machines at work, they're so embedded into other machines that I don't dare even think of upgrading - they still "work", just as they did back in 1996).
Anyway, I hope you're right, and W7 will continue the alternating cycle - I'll probably get it with my next laptop sometime next year. No rush!
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting points _Kiwi. Wink
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle_Kiwi wrote:
W7 will continue the alternating cycle - I'll probably get it with my next laptop sometime next year. No rush!

I would think Windows 7 will finally prove to be better than Windows XP in all possible ways. All of the reviews I have read seem to say that it is superior to XP in every way. I look forward to your review though.
Eagle_Kiwi
Eagle Eye

Dunedin, New_Zealand

$ 78

Aura:

87185 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here: http://billpstudios.blogspot.com/2009/10/should-i-upgrade-to-windows-7.html is an excellent article from someone I follow and generally respect and trust.

(Hmmmm, seems HE reckons I should update right away - ulp!?!)
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle_Kiwi wrote:
Here: http://billpstudios.blogspot.com/2009/10/should-i-upgrade-to-windows-7.html is an excellent article from someone I follow and generally respect and trust.

(Hmmmm, seems HE reckons I should update right away - ulp!?!)

He seems to recommend replacing your Windows Vista with Windows 7 if you're just waiting for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be released before buying Windows 7. Are you waiting for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be released before buying the operating system?
Eagle_Kiwi
Eagle Eye

Dunedin, New_Zealand

$ 78

Aura:

87185 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooo, not really.
I generally get new OS's only when I get a new computer, which I figure will be next year sometime. No great rush for this new OS toy, but that article implies I should upgrade now, on THIS computer.

But hey, that costs, and I'm stingy, so No Thanks. I'll just continue to be mildly envious of those who ARE on 7. Wink
monopoly man 123

dont know

$ 90

AB Rep: +5
Aura:

1037 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good, but i think u would need to get a new laptop, or computer. unless your computer is really high tech.
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think it's going to be a good operating system, but I don't see any need to upgrade from XP. I mean there are many people in the world who would be grateful for even a copy of 98, let alone 7. As long as it does the job, who cares? Admittedly for my work I couldn't use anything more primitive than XP, but I really don't need to upgrade yet again.
mariaburg1

$ 31

AB Rep: +1

17290 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going next week a new computer with Windows 7, what I would have gelzen computer much faster start
mariaburg1

$ 31

AB Rep: +1

17290 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 7 I have not but would very soon, maybe good for playing games
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Computing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: