Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
2012 Contest Note [Prize Update]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Contests Search Forum
Recent Topics
ArcadeBoss
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

AB Rep: +111
Aura:

1187994 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickP16AUS, don't know. Hopefully they can be boosted one day.

garyoak99, the campaigns are on the Internetz. We've been advertising the site since day one in many ways, on multiple networks.
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand, but it stinks that this has to happen :/

I remember like a year ago when much more prizes were awarded as well, just spread throughout less people. I wasn't here to find out that this was going to happen, but I understand.

Hopefully things eventually go back to the way they used to be. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Starman on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
bedem15

-->"Beantown"<--

Boston

$ 919

AB Rep: +41
Aura:

147379 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, those have gone way down

i think its a good time to take a break from here for awhile...im not ashamed to admit that im on here because its 30-40 bucks a month to play some games...its a pretty good deal...this is one of the best sites around, but it becomes no so worth it to play a ton of games and the most you can win is a couple bucks...there is no chance of getting in 1st or second place when there are people who would just grab all your trophies because they have some sort of c h e a t i n g software

thanks for the good times, and thanks for a grwat site AB...ill pop in now and then just to make sure my trophies are still hanging in there

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedem15 wrote:
Wow, those have gone way down

i think its a good time to take a break from here for awhile...im not ashamed to admit that im on here because its 30-40 bucks a month to play some games...its a pretty good deal...this is one of the best sites around, but it becomes no so worth it to play a ton of games and the most you can win is a couple bucks...there is no chance of getting in 1st or second place when there are people who would just grab all your trophies because they have some sort of c h e a t i n g software

thanks for the good times, and thanks for a grwat site AB...ill pop in now and then just to make sure my trophies are still hanging in there

I know where your coming from there..

The prizes is what made this site so great.. and that's the reason why a lot of us are here.. But you have to admit, just playing the games here is also fun, and its not all about the prizes. Let's just pray to see a return of the original prize amounts.. :/
LalinGouki
Scores Officer
||¯|_( 93r4rd0 )_|¯||

México, CDMX.

$ 358

AB Rep: +363
Aura:

93863 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am agree with this change.

i have a SUGGESTION, i agree with this change even if is possible to reduce more the prize, this would be much better......but....my suggestion is increase more the number of winners.
I want to say that to have less prize but more number of winners.

this is only one suggestion and could to help to more gamers (Not so expert gamers) and have more chance to win some cash prize.
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the prizes are lowered by a lot, it would also be cool to see a return of some of the old games back into competition.. I miss playing some of the classics for highscores.. or maybe try to find a mochi version for those games?

It would be cool to compete against others in some of the first games here on AB..

Just a suggestion since the prizes have been lowered by a lot;; and I'm sure a lot of other members would like to see a return of these games too.

- Eddie
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advance notice prior to the end of the month AB.
Master Of Puppets

Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote my 5 year old daughter, 'Holy Mackerelfish!' Shocked The prizes have really been lowered. So much for her education fund Surprised

But seriously, I have been a member of two other sites that have failed and if lowering the prizes helps keep this great site afloat I'm all for it. The main reasons I hang out here as much as I do are for the great games and for the great members that post in the forums.

Long live AB!
Ernie
Forum Officer

Over there, but still here.

AB Rep: +20
Aura:

79235 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jealous of your daughter's $98 education fund. Very Happy

mop wrote:
The main reasons I hang out here as much as I do are for the great games and for the great members that post in the forums.

That's the reason why I've never activated my pay-pal thingy (and probably never will). If money was at stake, I'd be too focused on that rather than the greater aspects of the community.

And I'd actually try to win POTM. Oh, you don't want to see me when I'm actually trying! Rolling Eyes
neeraffa

1st gamer to reach $1000

England

$ 1958

AB Rep: +334
Aura:

25326 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that needs to be remembered about this situation is Arcade Boss is the best games site out there - I've tried many others and you either have no community or members crying about losing scores (even tho their score are really low) - the closest site I would say is Kongregate - mainly because of the amount of games available to play - but once again they have no community.

At least this will deter any cheats thinking they can make a fast dollar or two....

EDIT- maybe there could be credit awards even for those with paypal to compensate for the loss?

e.g. - 1st (BOTM or TOTM or POTM) 5000 credits
2nd 4000 credits etc
ArcadeBoss
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

AB Rep: +111
Aura:

1187994 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to boost the prizes eventually, but for now this will reduce pressure on the staff due to less cheaters and is a strategic business adjustment that will be of benefit to the site overall.

Several people mentioned having lot of prizes, and so i wanted to note that we still have just as many prizes as before, 52 different prizes by my calculations.

The credit idea is a good one, maybe I can chunk some credits into the winners accounts as well. Will need to look into that.
LalinGouki
Scores Officer
||¯|_( 93r4rd0 )_|¯||

México, CDMX.

$ 358

AB Rep: +363
Aura:

93863 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neeraffa wrote:
EDIT- maybe there could be credit awards even for those with paypal to compensate for the loss?

e.g. - 1st (BOTM or TOTM or POTM) 5000 credits
2nd 4000 credits etc

remind you that there are a contest in BOTM, TOTM POTM, etc, to each mid-month (with pay-pal), and end-month (without pay-pay) every month.

In this case, considerating the decrease of prize, i could increase these reward to members have pay-pay and similar or equal to have without pay-pay. remembering that members have pay-pal win less credits (to have rights to cash prize) that members without pay-pal, and in this case could be proportional the reward...
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then theres the problem of there being so many credits floating around, and nothing to use them on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Contests All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: