Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Euro 2012 predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Sports Search Forum
Recent Topics
Author Message
Tenchithepimp


New England

$ 119

AB Rep: +25
Aura:

145345 Credits


PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree shootouts are great for the sport anyone can win and that's what makes it so fun to watch. I've seen many underdogs win in shootouts knowing they wouldn't have a chance otherwise makes me believe that the game wouldn't be the same without them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mel2win


Ireland

$ 409

AB Rep: +17
Aura:

39509 Credits


PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard luck England....I hate penalty shoot outs....hard way to go out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Master Of Puppets


Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits


PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Tenchithepimp

Well to me it is two different games when you decide a game by a shoot out.

Would you want to see the NBA eliminate OT and decide the winner with alternate free throws? Or maybe in MLB let's see who can hit the most home runs once we get past 9 innings. Or maybe in the event of a tie in the NFL lets kick field goals to get our winner. We can start the kicker on the 20 yard line and move him out 5 yards at a time until he finally misses! I think there is a reason why these sports have OT and don't use any kind of shoot out to decide the winner. You play as a team and you win as a team and of course the flip side is that you lose as a team.

You take the 'team' out of the 'team game' when you put the focus on just one player. Just my opinion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits


PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Of Puppets wrote:
You take the 'team' out of the 'team game' when you put the focus on just one player. Just my opinion.


I agree and I think most soccer players do - but that's why we have extra time.

Once extra time has been played we don't want to drag it out any further unless absolutely necessary.

So we give the teams their chance with ET - and then penalties if no luck.

If no luck with penalties/sudden death then there's always the golden goal.

You are right, but I think ET serves that idea well.

_________________
Of Sorcerers
My Wordpress Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tenchithepimp


New England

$ 119

AB Rep: +25
Aura:

145345 Credits


PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Of Puppets wrote:
@Tenchithepimp

Well to me it is two different games when you decide a game by a shoot out.

Would you want to see the NBA eliminate OT and decide the winner with alternate free throws? Or maybe in MLB let's see who can hit the most home runs once we get past 9 innings. Or maybe in the event of a tie in the NFL lets kick field goals to get our winner. We can start the kicker on the 20 yard line and move him out 5 yards at a time until he finally misses! I think there is a reason why these sports have OT and don't use any kind of shoot out to decide the winner. You play as a team and you win as a team and of course the flip side is that you lose as a team.

You take the 'team' out of the 'team game' when you put the focus on just one player. Just my opinion.
the major difference is in these professional sports the competition is a lot more even in the world cup when teams play unfair competition in this instance i love the chance of a shoot out win
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Master Of Puppets


Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits


PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

I see your point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tenchithepimp


New England

$ 119

AB Rep: +25
Aura:

145345 Credits


PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's looking like the inevitable Spain vs. Germany final the Portuguese have a chance maybe but Italy noway...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Fullmoon




$ 51

AB Rep: +78
Aura:

1681 Credits


PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



Go Italy Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
msidoh


Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits


PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the official uefa website:

Quote:
forward Wayne Rooney insisted that their well-organised display should be read as "good for the future".


Hey, I would have preferred 'now', rather than 'the future', Wayne.

and

Quote:
(Glen Johnson, England defender)
Again, we showed how well we can defend as a team, and how difficult it's going to be for the other team to score against us.


Obviously not difficult enough, Glen

As for the remaining matches, I think it is still wide open and any one of the four could win if it happens to be their day. Ha! But what do I know?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits


PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenchithepimp wrote:
So it's looking like the inevitable Spain vs. Germany final the Portuguese have a chance maybe but Italy noway...


I think Mario Balotelli is a good player and may bring Italy some surprising fortune in the following matches.
_________________
Of Sorcerers
My Wordpress Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
marcman88




$ 30

AB Rep: +3
Aura:

32370 Credits


PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it will be Spain & Germany in the final with Spain winning it all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fullmoon




$ 51

AB Rep: +78
Aura:

1681 Credits


PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcman88 wrote:
I believe it will be Spain & Germany in the final with Spain winning it all.


We'll see if it will be so Wink
football is an unpredictable sport ......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
akeo




$ 74

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

133868 Credits


PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just goes to show what I know about football, Holland, I ask you, what was I thinking of. Although it was pretty obvious England would go out at the quarters, they have a habit of doing so. Just before the game though, I was looking up who was actually good at penalty shootouts and apparently the best team are the Czechs.
Just over half way down the page, makes England look really poor especially once you add in Sundays result.
http://www.footy-boots.com/england-italy-penalty-shoot-out-stats-26960/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Master Of Puppets


Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits


PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akeo wrote:
Although it was pretty obvious England would go out at the quarters


Now there is no need to rub it in is there Sad Very Happy


I have decided to back Italy. I feel if I was to back another I would have to find a new barber and I might feel the wrath of Fullmoon Shocked

It's like they say...'He!! hath no fury like a woman scorned' Wink


GO ITALY!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fullmoon




$ 51

AB Rep: +78
Aura:

1681 Credits


PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Of Puppets wrote:



I have decided to back Italy. I feel if I was to back another I would have to find a new barber and I might feel the wrath of Fullmoon Shocked

It's like they say...'He!! hath no fury like a woman scorned' Wink


GO ITALY!


Wow Camillo was able to convince MOP Laughing
thank you very much my friend Very Happy
Great Great Great MOP Very Happy
Go Italia!!!


@acheo The skill and strength of a team can not be judged by these statistical indications and penalties taken or made ​​goal!
Are important the beautiful game of football and his emotions and ideas that have players on the pitch!
Italy is not afraid of Germany Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Sports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Home | Privacy | All Games | Sitemap | Link to Us | Raiden