Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Father Spends $50,000 on Stunning Elder Scrolls Basement!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk Search Forum
Recent Topics
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Father Spends $50,000 on Stunning Elder Scrolls Basement! Reply with quote

This news arrived just in time for father's day!

A lot of people like The Elder Scrolls, but not everyone would be willing or able to spend tens of thousands on a renovation project to turn their basement into something that looks like it's pulled right out of the video game franchise. But that's exactly what DC Comics artist Tyler Kirkham did.

Kirkham spent $50,000 to convert the basement in his Kaysville, Utah home into a 1,500-square foot tribute to the fantasy series.

Per a report from Barcroft.tv, the basement contains the following:

Secret door, activated by pulling on a book from a bookcase
Medieval-style sparring area
Crossbows
Distressed stone walls
Various helmets and horns
A bathroom with its own waterfall and rock face covered in ivy
$20,000 "home cinema" (for playing Skyrim, probably)

Looking ahead, Kirkham said he has further expansion plans. One idea he's considering is a wine cellar, while he's also thinking about a children's play area for his one-year-old son.

Guy Spends $50,000 on Stunning Elder Scrolls Basement

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw the thread title "Father Spends $50,000 on Stunning Elder Scrolls Basement!", I was ready to just type something about people pointlessly wasting money.

That was before I saw the photo. What a beautiful creation!

Now, all I can think is "I wish I had a spare $50,000 so I could do something similar..."

I love that room! Icon_drool
akeo

$ 74

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

247538 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very reminiscent of the 'On a Storytellers Night' album cover which is something I always liked. (to the point of having a framed 6ft x 4ft poster of it in my living room)
It's absolutely stunning, but, if he's spent that much money, why has he still got an arcade xbox 360. I notice odd little things like that, but that's just me.
It doesn't detract from a beautiful creation of a room though. If I'd got that sort of money to spend on something like that....would I. Yes I would.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: