Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Do I need to worry about these resolved security risks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Computing Search Forum
Recent Topics
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Do I need to worry about these resolved security risks? Reply with quote

The idle full system scan completed while I was out and it said 3 total security risks detected and the same number resolved! I use Norton Antivirus 18.7.1.3. Does this mean I can finally relax as the viruses are gone for good?

$ 74

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

247538 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends on what the security risk was, but in my opinion, you can never relax as far as viruses go especially if you're running Windows.
Just keep you're antivirus up to date and configured right and you should be ok. Personally I use Linux which doesn't really get attacked by viruses because nobody can be bothered to write a virus program for it. As a result, most people who run Linux don't even bother to use antivirus software which does make your computer run a lot faster as it doesn't have to wait for the antivirus program to load before you can use your computer properly.
msidoh

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Do I need to worry about these resolved security risks? Reply with quote

garyoak99 wrote:
The idle full system scan completed while I was out and it said 3 total security risks detected and the same number resolved!

Just to add to akeo's excellent advice:
Did you check that the risk names were the same as the names of those that were resolved? You also need to understand the severity of the risk by checking its name/identity. For example, if it is a 'PUP' (Possibly Unwanted Program) it might be something you can live with. However, if it is described as a trojan, dropper, or worm, you need to be more concerned, and make sure your system really is squeaky-clean again. Just imho Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Computing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: