Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
CAUTION: MAY CAUSE DEEP THOUGHT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Archives Search Forum
Recent Topics
RED_X

512 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder
RED_X

512 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder
hungmk

9878 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it actually? I want to see it too.
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H(Reiθ,t) = p((1 − t)Reiθ)
killiejoe

90 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must see it.
sevencube3

Wherever there is a computer (be it a laptop or desktop)

$ 30

1614 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a situation which will guarantee a chain of logical statements to cause a deep thought…

"We know it's not good to refuse to take a shower. Now assume that 'it would be a crime not to take a shower'. This triggers the thought that if you refuse to take a shower, and you refuse in front of a police officer, he/she would run you in for not taking a shower. This 'crime' would be punishable by a fine. If you do not pay the fine, then you could be sent to a judge, who would sentence you to no more than one or two years in prison. While in prison, the only book you would be allowed to read would be one on health (that is, anatomy/physiology). You would not be allowed to read any other school books on any other subject. Until you got to the one section in that book that talked about taking a shower, and why its so important, you would not be allowed to leave. After doing research, you would recite your findings to the judge. Then, that would be the end (not!). Then, you would actually take a shower. That would have been a lot of trouble..."
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I usually dont do these but this one is tempting lol..
The Big Hobb

AB Rep: -30

53642 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that is a crazy little scenario u have presented there sevencube haha
serenbo

$ 80

23630 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dancing on the forums to see what the hidden content is-i feel so dirty and cheap-now let me see what the man in the ice cream truck has got for me
Jokco

101 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like some kind of trick.
Lost_Guy

Neenah, WI USA

$ 193

AB Rep: +2

8235 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize in advance, for bumping this post.
Lost_Guy

Neenah, WI USA

$ 193

AB Rep: +2

8235 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I listened to the song.

And this is sort of what floats to the surface.

I don't think anything in life is ever wholly black or white. I think maybe there are only absolutes in life just to the extent that we can perceive them, but in reality it's all just one big blur. Happening at light speed with reckless abandon. Some might say they don't "exist" because they're just perceptions. But then what would be the point of anything existing at all if something or someone weren't there to perceive it? Which is why I say well if we perceive something, then yes it does exist. If it only exists "to us" then so be it. But we have nothing to learn from something existing objectively that we can't perceive subjectively. Not to say that such a thing isn't out there. Because far be it for us to say that our admittedly limited perception goes all the way to the edge of the reality bubble. I sure hope not!

Jeez, what the hell did you just do to me?

Even our own births and deaths, while often being recorded as happening at specific times on specific days, are blurred events. After all, very few of us remember anything before the age of 3, and then when we die, life flashes before our eyes in a second that goes on forever. In some ways, death begins from the day we were born, but life as we know it, with total awareness of the world around us and how it works, doesn't really start until a couple years in.

But that's just the first thing that came to mind. Sorry to make an off-the-cuff kinda response, but that's when I usually do my best. If I think about it for too long and then post, then the act of reading that post is akin to looking at the back of a $20 bill on weed.

Which maybe this is too, I don't know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Archives All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: