Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Posting limitation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Support Search Forum
Recent Topics
Danilus

$ 22

5094 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Posting limitation Reply with quote

Can you make a posting limitation on threads especially in the General forum, so you can only post twice a day on a single thread...I've seen people post up to 4 times, sometimes waiting for just a single person to post...
ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is being considered.

You know, it sucks that this has to be considered because of the abuse of the thread games. There are a lot of people who use those threads to get their minimum posts for the month and then you don't see them again until the following month. This is all because of Wickuzo. That's right I'm calling you out! I'm sick of not naming the cause here. Your excessive posting is going to cost people a way to get the requirements of the site and we'll lose members. You're also teaching others to do the same thing. Taz775 posts random junk without reading the topic and he thinks it's OK to post excessive garbage. I'm not saying that using/playing a thread game is bad, but when you post 25 times in 2 hours in 3 or 4 of those threads then YES it's a bad thing. For the most part I don't even look at thread titles anymore. I look for posts by garyoak99, Eagle_Kiwi and Mr Jepps Se. At least I know I can have an intelligent conversation and get well thought out replies in return.

Guy's like Mr Jepps Se, garyoak99 and Eagle_Kiwi who put effort into their posts or replies aren't getting the recognition they so truly deserve. Great job guys! Thanks for some thought provoking threads!
Lonny

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a member here i'm going to state my part, I'm one who appreciates the quality of the game playing, discussions and postings here by many. After all, without AB members and down to earth people who comes here AB wouldn't stand a chance in todays internet world. The forums are a place for those interested or involved in coming together and contribute at times. From some of these users who are using the forums wrongfully there does come a point when such replies begin to lose their edge.
Cause we know they lack anything meaningful to say by simply quoting some small, out of this world comment , and or reply with something equally meaningless.

Are they simply trying to raise their post count? You bet your bum they are not to mention this to me is deceitfully and takes advantage of AB's kindness who gives to us what he has.

I wish I can contribute by being here all day but I can't. I have things to do like the rest of us.

With that said I like to say think you for what you have done here, and for those that are on the up and up probably feel the same as I do.

Great Canada - US Host...
Twi$ter

México, D.F.

$ 405

AB Rep: +17
Aura:

204483 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itīs a shame what is happening with the forum. If you really want post quality, why donīt discard the POTM prizes and put that money in BOTM, is a gaming site, isnīt? That way only the members who have something interesting to post will be there. Itīs impossible that ICBM can read that amount of posts and remove all the garbage.
Danilus

$ 22

5094 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your idea is good Twister but will destroy the forum if it happens...Most people post to get money...
ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to have a way for people to get participate if they're not strong gamers. I would hope this doesn't give the POTM a black eye. Wink
Wickuzo

Belgium

5542 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICBM wrote:
This is all because of Wickuzo. That's right I'm calling you out! I'm sick of not naming the cause here.

This is so easy, blaming 1 person for all the problems.

I admit that it was wrong of me to post so many times on thread games, but i am wondering why you never sended me a message to tell me this instead of attacking me personally on several threads ?

I was just posting a lot because it was fun, not to be the number 1 poster or to gain money from it ( btw i have send a message to Arcadeboss to ask him to remove my Paypal address from my account ).

I don't think that i am the cause of this problem, there are many other members who are posting to many times a day to gain points or credits ( long before i made my first post ).

Like i told earlier in this treath :
http://www.arcadeboss.com/arcade-post-25234.html#25234 ,
i will no longer post on any thread games.

Greetings and no hard feelings,
Wickuzo
Wink
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wickuzo wrote:
This is so easy, blaming 1 person for all the problems.

I admit that it was wrong of me to post so many times on thread games, but i am wondering why you never sended me a message to tell me this instead of attacking me personally on several threads ?

And that's another reason why eliminating Thread Games from POTM is a high priority, because people who genuinely are having fun posting a lot can get a bad name for themselves.

I think the whole Thread Games forum should be excluded.
Eagle_Kiwi
Eagle Eye

Dunedin, New_Zealand

$ 78

AB Rep: +28
Aura:

87185 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Jepps Se wrote:
I think the whole Thread Games forum should be excluded.

I'd second that. Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: