Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
tournament timer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Tournaments Search Forum
Recent Topics
immortalist

$ 200

3741 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: tournament timer Reply with quote

i wanna know whats up with the timer on the tournaments?
i had the high score in galaga and wonkey dong and it said there was 17 hours remaining in the tournament at that point,this was at around 1pm central time so it should be ending around 6am central its now 11:00 pm central and they have ended
over 7 hours early? maybe longer i havent been online for a few hours.
now i am pissed at that,i knew my scores could and would be beat but i was planning on coming back to attempt to beat them in the morning.
whats with that? can we get 7 hours added to them tourneys?

Last edited by immortalist on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
immortalist

$ 200

3741 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and space pips says there is 1.5 days left which is 36 hours from now,is that gonna end in 36 hours or 12? you know what i'm saying? Timing is key in these tournaments,i could have the high score now and should expect to come back here within the time limit to maintain my score,but if it ends 10 hours earlier then there is no chance to even try Sad and a waste of my time
ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to pull an attitude here. You have brought up a problem. Now let us have time to look at it. AB is the only one here who can look into this kind of problem. He doesn't spend every waking moment here. We PAY YOU to play the games. When YOU start PAYING US to play the games then you can cop an attitude. Till then.......

Yes it sucks that it happened. Yes it sucks that it's now happened 2 times in 3.5 YEARS. Nothing is perfect, but we do our best. Once again, if it's not good enough for you.......

Finally, Eagle_Kiwi is very involved with the site and has brought about a lot of change and you don't see him screaming for instant action from the moderating staff or administration. What makes YOU so special?

geez.....
immortalist

$ 200

3741 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off it looks to me like you are the one copping the attitude my friend.
I am the one that took the time to play the games and the time to post this message,yes i am a bit pissed about the situation and i have all the right to be whether you PAY ME or not,after all if i had not posted this,you wouldn't know about it and someone else would have this problem,right? you should value your loyal visitors and apologize rather than posting garbage like this and bashing me for being upset,you should be grateful that it was brought to your attention!

I understand that AB would be the one to look into this,but do you see me demanding for immediate attention to this? NO! I'm just an angry customer letting you know how i feel and asking for a fair chance once the problem is dealt with.
very unprofessional of you to bash me for being upset about it.

Lastly,I know Eagle_Kiwi has been an exceptional help to this site,and no he doesn't scream for instant action...Tell me where do you see me screaming for instant action? and what makes ME so special? YOU need to ask yourself that question!
KTWORLD

JOIN THE MOVEMENT OR GET LEFT BEHIND!!!

30170 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immortalist, like you, I have had several issues with the tournment timer if you check a few of my threads, but AB has been extremely helpful in trying to clarify the issues, such as the most recent prob with "completing." Don't try to get an answer from ICBM, he just gets an attitude with the players on this site who actually care about the site and enjoy doing well on it. The best answer i have found to your direct question is divide the hours by 1/2, for some reason that seems to be close to accurate that I have found...hope that helps
ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'll notice KTWORLD how immortalist EDITED HIS POST? What's there now is TAME compared to what he posted. Oh well, I guess I'm the jackass here. Rolling Eyes
ArcadeBoss
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

AB Rep: +111
Aura:

1174424 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking it over and have found and corrected an error when calculating hours left.

Apologies for the timer issues!
KTWORLD

30170 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was quick AB, great job!!!
immortalist

$ 200

3741 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I edited the post because i noticed a spelling error after reviewing my 2nd post,nothing was taken out or changed besides that.
Notice the time of the edit is 4:23 one minute after my second post. You replied 25 minutes after that.

Thanks KTWORLD for the advice.

Thanks AB for looking into and fixing the problem.
KTWORLD

30170 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry immoralist, i don't know if that is now relative if AB fixed the problem Laughing we will all have to see together Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Tournaments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: