Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Worst call in football?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Sports Search Forum
Recent Topics
bedem15

-->"Beantown"<--

Boston

$ 919

AB Rep: +41
Aura:

147379 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Worst call in football? Reply with quote

What was Belichek thinking?

Has a coach ever made a worse call than Belichek did the other night?
doughtakerSTM

$ 417

Aura:

66216 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two I can think of from recent history that might be up there - yesterday I read about Mangini running a gadget play in a hopeless situation with just seconds left in the game, end result was one of his best offensive players getting carted off the field in a completely preventable situation. Then a couple years back during the Patriots near-perfect run, there was Brian Billick who didn't have any real reason to call timeout but did so and ruined what should've been a Ravens victory and an earlier end to the Patriots' "perfect season".
Ernie
Forum Officer

Over there, but still here.

AB Rep: +20
Aura:

79235 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst call ever was made by Owen Templeton because he flipped a coin. Very Happy

Someone will get the reference...
fshk

TripleXp

AB Rep: +3

7664 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going for it 4th down at your own 28 and your winning! Pretty bad.
thestorm529

New York City

$ 5

2069 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Belicheck's blunder Reply with quote

Its good to have faith in your team, but its another thing altogether, to be an egomaniac and completely out of touch with reality. Belicheck didn't even admit that he was wrong in the press conference that followed. He said that he had confidence in the play and basically that he would do it all over again. There was enough time on the clock that even if he got the first he would probably need to get another one.

In short my opinion is...

Its great to have that much confidence in your offense, Bill, but maybe you shouldn't show a complete lack of faith in your defense! ; - S
The Big Hobb

AB Rep: -30

53642 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any colts fan like myself nos it was a good call cause i was hoping he would punt
mel2win

Ireland

$ 409

AB Rep: +17
Aura:

39509 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst call in football for me was the recent handball by Thierry Henry that cost the Republic of Ireland their place in the upcoming World Cup
The Big Hobb

53642 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mel2win wrote:
The worst call in football for me was the recent handball by Thierry Henry that cost the Republic of Ireland their place in the upcoming World Cup

we were talking about american football here copernicus
mel2win

Ireland

$ 409

Aura:

39509 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pshobbes479 wrote:
mel2win wrote:

Copernicus what u mean by that, look at the subject it says ' worst call in football ' not 'worst call in american football'........
The Big Hobb

53642 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mel2win wrote:
pshobbes479 wrote:
mel2win wrote:

Copernicus what u mean by that, look at the subject it says ' worst call in football ' not 'worst call in american football'........

copernicus like hey genius, it was a sarcastic insult and yes that is the title of the post, but the subject is about a call made in november during a patriots colts american football game
mel2win

Ireland

$ 409

Aura:

39509 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pshobbes479 wrote:
mel2win wrote:
pshobbes479 wrote:
mel2win wrote:

copernicus like hey genius, it was a sarcastic insult and yes that is the title of the post, but the subject is about a call made in november during a patriots colts american football game

Well there was no need for the sacastic insult......I answered a question wen i seen the post, it wasnt till after i read it that i noticed it was about American football......maybe the post should be more specific then there'd be no need with the remarks
ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we leave the stupid schoolyard bickering alone? Take it to PM's you two. No one is interested in having this thread derailed by stupid shin kicking.
mel2win

Ireland

$ 409

Aura:

39509 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICBM wrote:
Can we leave the stupid schoolyard bickering alone? Take it to PM's you two. No one is interested in having this thread derailed by stupid shin kicking.

Sorry ICBM just felt I had to react......easy mistake to happen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: