Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Alice in Wonderland set many records according to estimates!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Entertainment Search Forum
Recent Topics
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Alice in Wonderland set many records according to estimates! Reply with quote

I knew the buzz for Alice in Wonderland was huge but even I wasn't expecting it to be THIS big! When I saw the HUGE crowds at my multiplex; my jaw dropped open! I haven't seen crowds this large since Avatar was first released in theatres last year! Shocked

Here are the records that Alice in Wonderland will get once the official statistics start coming in:

Best March opening of all time
Best non-sequel opening
Best IMAX opening
Best Tim Burton opening

Those are an amazing number of records and the film's estimated take even looks quite respectable on the top 10 all-time weekend openings:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Spider-man 3
3. The Twilight Saga:New Moon
4. Pirates of the Caribbean:Dead Man's Chest
5. Shrek the Third
6. Alice in Wonderland

Since this is only the FIRST weekend; we may still see more records broken; in fact in comparison Avatar opened with the 29th highest weekend opening! Laughing

The box office estimate is located as usual here:

http://boxoffice.com/numbers/

Now I'm sure you may be asking what film did Alice in Wonderland knock off as the best ever March box office opening weekend?

The answer is 300 which was first premiered back in 2006.

This wasn't a surprise to me given that you have to ask yourself; whom would you find more inviting and interesting at the theatre; a blood-soaked King Leonidas marching to a violent death or an agreeable young girl from Victorian-era England (played by an Australian! Laughing ) returning to the amazing world of Wonderland in 3D???!!!

What do you think of this film? What do you think of Tim Burton? What do you think of Johnny Depp? What do you think of films in 3D? What did you think of this weekend's box office estimates?

Cool
taz775

BOW TO MY SUPERIOR INTELLECT!

$ 77

AB Rep: +4

14251 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im planning on seeing this movie does anybody know if its any good it sure sounds good by the llok of the records Smile
aussie557

Western Australia

$ 49

4976 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, those are some pretty impressive records! Given the fact that a) It's a classic, b) Tim Burton is doing it, and c) Johnny Depp is in it, it's not surprising that it's done so well. I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure I will in the near future. So far I've heard mixed reviews from friends - some loved it, but some have said that Tim Burton was trying a bit too hard and the story ended up coming out flat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Entertainment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: