Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Stanley Cup Or Gold Medal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Polls Search Forum
Recent Topics

What would you rather win?
Stanley Cup
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Gold Medal
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
I'd take both equally
65%
 65%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 23

ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it's not "mostly French". There are a lot of French speaking people in Canada not including the Metis. 120 years ago my family immigrated to Canada, along with many others, and settled on the West Coast around Silverton. They came from Scotland as part of a venture paid by the government to inhabit the area and start a fishing industry. Unlike most of the people on the East coast my family, and every other one, who settled the West Coast were visionaries and didn't want to "settle" for what they found in the East.

Ernie
Forum Officer

Over there, but still here.

AB Rep: +20
Aura:

79235 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take both of them. Why wouldn't I? I don't see a reason to choose just one when I can have them both. The Stanley Cup is a great achievement, so what harm can there be in throwing a gold medal in there too?Wink

I'm not really much of a fan of hockey, so people may get a bit angry if I get a Stanley Cup. They would look at me as a hypocrite, and I would look at myself strangely, because I wouldn't know where I'd get a Stanley Cup in the first place. Not like I'm a hockey player or anything.
What would the gold medal be for? Could it be for anything, or does it have to be for hockey? I would probably choose this one had it not been for the "both" option. I'm more likely to win a gold medal, and I would have no trouble explaining it. After all, I am a proud American do-nothinger, and not a Canadian hockey player!
voosit

700 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Stanley Cup is a much harder prize to obtain. If I got one, it would show that I had worked very hard to get it and that I deserve something as good as this.
bedem15

-->"Beantown"<--

Boston

$ 919

AB Rep: +41
Aura:

147379 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how come people keep saying it is harder to win a stanley cup? a gold medal is only given away every 4 years, stanley cup, every year
Homelessthinker48

Lookin outside gonna make the move

$ 549

AB Rep: +11
Aura:

98484 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably because a stanley cup is achieved over the course of a long season while a gold medal is like 6 or 7 games.
Ernie
Forum Officer

Over there, but still here.

AB Rep: +20
Aura:

79235 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Someone edited my red, white, and blue post and turned it all to default green! I used those colors so my message of American-ness would get through better.

Let's not forget how many uses a Stanley Cup has. Wait, that gives me an idea...
dethnoteemo

AB Rep: -1

384 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

i would say both..
Toxic

THE USA

$ 5

655 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thing is... the stanley cup isnt yours to keep.
gold medal is id still think the thrill for a stanley cup win is better than gold medal cuz people care more about hockey (my opinion)

toxic chemicals are bad
Kannsuke

50 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id like to get a gold medal for getting the Stanley up just for being so awesome. this way its a double whammy
bedem15

-->"Beantown"<--

Boston

$ 919

AB Rep: +41
Aura:

147379 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if people care more about hockey, what about the gold medal they give away in hockey?
marcman88

$ 30

AB Rep: +3
Aura:

32370 Credits

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to win the gold medal because you don't get paid and you play for the team of your choice.

The Stanley cup is great too, but you also get to keep the medal.
-White-Wolf-

____-W-W-___

$ 1266

AB Rep: +221
Aura:

1137635 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i back ICBM here, i believe it to be Canada's game alright.just look at the stat's and how well they do every year.

i Voted gold,ive played sport oversea's representing my country and nearly won gold,it's what you want.i would say most player's would say gold but both are highly desired!

O Canada O Canada!
Homelessthinker48

Lookin outside gonna make the move

$ 549

AB Rep: +11
Aura:

98484 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I mean a big difference to me tho is how much shorter it takes to win a gold medal. Only a few game so idk i would have to play at that level to actually know which one i wanted more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: