Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
FireFox 4 Beta 1, anyone tried it yet? [video]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Computing Search Forum
Recent Topics
Lonny

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: FireFox 4 Beta 1, anyone tried it yet? [video] Reply with quote

Yea yea I know another FF thread.

From what I read here a nice article on FF4 beta.
It does sound ok.

I especially like the HTML5 Video part.

WARNING!: If anyone uses this keep in mind this is beta. people has been complying on it being slow, using over 1 gig of memory "don't know how that possible" unless their just talking out of their bum. and some say the dreadful BSOD has been reported.

Unless your a browser junkie and want to try the latest stuff or you a developer theirs really no need to use beta.

I may give it a spin just for the HTML5 rendering and see what its like.

Heres a YT clip on it

FF better step up their game and do something quickly cause IE9 is looking more the winner out of the 2.

I guess one can always rely on chrome and opera if worst comes to it if all else fails.

Great Canada - US Host...
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: FireFox 4 Beta 1, anyone tried it yet? [video] Reply with quote

Lonny wrote:
some say the dreadful BSOD has been reported.

FF better step up their game and do something quickly cause IE9 is looking more the winner out of the 2.

BSOD? What is BSOD?

When is Internet Explorer 9 going to be released? Confused
ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSOD=Blue Screen Of Death

IE9 is expected to be released late this year or early next year.
Lonny

$ 445

Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been using FF4 beta since i posted this, I have to say im quite impressed. of course its striped of it whole skin just about.

I did hesitated to DL this version the last time I installed a FF BETA I lost everything pwords/ bookmarks history exct.

With the exception of my bookmarks I dont care.
I keep my passwords on a external HDD.

The Dload was smooth, im loving this version. fast like the way it feels doesnt feel nothing like chrome like others have been calming easy on memory others are getting a 1-2 gig increase, I dont see nothing close to that. In fact I put FF4beta on this pc for a reason its only got 256megs of mem running on xp with a AMD Athlon XP 1700+ 1.46 GHz.

It mainly used for blogging, surfing, youtubing. web based game playing nothing hardcore.

With 3 tabs open and streaming winamp while on IDLE it stays around 3-6% on the CPU with a spike of 16-20% when typing.

Memory usage stays at 71K and the VM stays at 94k.

For 3.6 with 3 tabs open streaming on IDLE its around 12-18% with a spike of 32%-46% when typing

Memory usage would be around 127K+ and the VM would be around 194-200k which is were my caches came in.

With the ad block add on installed from early today FF4 is running the way its should to smooth and fast as heck.

I did have one crash today. the browser stayed opened and asked me if I wanted to restart the browser or start new. which popped open underneath the tool bar.

That could of been heat related since it was hot today and this box does get hot by the power supply area. Keeping a small floor fan on it does seem to work.

Tomorrow I will be giving TV Add-on a try. I will need to install it on FF3.x its not supported for 4 yet.

Dont know much about it will have to read up on its ups and downs before installing.

Lonny

$ 445

Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of starting a new FF4.0 thread ill just continue here.

Received a update for Firefox/4.0b2 came with a new addon tab

App Tab

Nice little tab.

If your like me and have 5 or more tabs opened it allows you shrink the size of your tabs keeping them nice and tidy. Also comes in handy if you use the CTRL + TAB command allot.

It hasnt been been reviewed by the Mozilla one of the comments says it has some lag issues with 3.6x. So install with caution.

Enjoy.

doughtakerSTM

$ 417

Aura:

66216 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting information; it's definitely good to see that at least so far memory-wise FF4 won't be eating up too much. I have one question though: does this beta retain the separate "plugin-container.exe" process that has been utilized in recent official releases of Firefox?
Lonny

$ 445

Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
does this beta retain the separate "plugin-container.exe" process

yes it does and rums flash "youtube" some what faster in 4x beta but not much difference.

for instance in the task manger it stays around 3-4k durning game for you tube clips it spiks around 7-9k.
if i was to add another memory chip this would improve , not on this PC.

im going to run this box to the ground. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Computing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: