Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Final Fantasy 13 - oh dear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Video Gaming Search Forum
Recent Topics

Final Fantasy 13 - good or bad?
Great, I love it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not the best FF but still good
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Meh, seen better
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rubbish, simply rubbish
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Worst, game, ever
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Never played it
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

Darkstarsol

$ 14

AB Rep: +2

791 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Final Fantasy 13 - oh dear Reply with quote

What on earth have Square-Enix been smoking to come out with this pile of excrement. I've played every single FF game right back to the old Mystic Quest and I can honestly say they are the best games I've ever played, 8, 10 and 12 are just amazing. But then they bring out this cowpat of a game where every element that made FF a great game is taken away from you. You can hardly control the battles, you can only increase abilities to a certain point until the game says you can have more and there's no free roaming. So it's pretty obvious what I think about it but let's hear everyone else.
Lonny

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never played final fantasy and if i have its been so long i cant remember the game play. Embarassed

Great Canada - US Host...
-White-Wolf-

____-W-W-___

$ 1266

AB Rep: +221
Aura:

1137635 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent played all off them like you but out of the one's ive played #8 i think was by far the best of the series.The game play in the specific one amazed me and had me hooked but i didnt get into any others the same altho i have played several other's.
I have not play #13 but by your discription it doesnt look good?!
Do you think they have taken it a touch too far now?

Ive gone off console gaming for several years now but if i ever do get back in to it ive always wanted to replay # 8, a real deadication to finsh it once let along twice.

Did you say...No free roaming? thats a dissapointment + slightly surprising.
taz775

BOW TO MY SUPERIOR INTELLECT!

$ 77

AB Rep: +4

14251 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i played 7 and 8 and i have to say 8 was absolutley awsome! I also havent played 13 but it sounds horrible I mean no Free roaming! Confused
waterwillow8

303 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 - oh dear Reply with quote

Everyone is saying that since there is no free roming and that makes this game horrible because of that which I dont agree with at all. What you guys are saying is that what makes a good game is walking around aimlessly in a huge field wondering what to do. Now sure that is nice to have in a game but it isn't that main problem of FFXIII in my opinion. The main problem with me is that the overworld is so beatiful and the camera is CRAP! it doesn't let you look completly up or down and beause of this you only get to see about 80% of the entire world. Also the fact that Hope is a annoying negitive person but alwell. Other than that I like most of the charicters and I personally love the battle system. It reminds me alot of FF7. Overall I would give FFXIII a 4/5.
Homelessthinker48

Lookin outside gonna make the move

$ 549

AB Rep: +11
Aura:

98484 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only played one final fantasy ever, so to me this is bad.
Darkstarsol

$ 14

791 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how FF13's battle system is like 7's. 7's is a tradition ATB style where you can choose Attack, Magic , Defend etc. But in 13 you choose what style of fighter your characters are like healer, combo builder, warrior etc but you don't get to choose what action they take that is all down to the computer. I know you can switch styles mid battle but then it does a stupid little effect sequence during which you can't do anything but the enemy can still attack. Basically they took away your right to command your people as you wish and damn it I payed good money to play the game how I want to play it, not how the computer thinks it should be played.
ICBM

I Came. I Saw. I Am Legend.

AB Rep: +26

8695 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a case of try before buying should have been paramount. Wink Then again if this is a divergence from the past games, I've never played them, then I can understand your frustration.
Darkstarsol

$ 14

791 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really good advice ICBM, normally I get a game from Lovefilm and if I really like it I'll buy it but FF are my avourite games and I just had to get it. Lovefilm though has saved me hundreds if not thousands of pounds as you can get games and play them for as long as you like.
ForsakenSaint7

71 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF 13 Has kinda a lame story and the combat suck all i did was use the auto and i felt like i wasn't doing anything i just hope they will change the next game or maybe remake FF7 or FF8.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Video Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: