Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Mahjongg Solitaire Tournament Challenge ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Tournaments Search Forum
Recent Topics
KillerCarsS

$ 304

7556 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks !

Yep, that indeed =]
NickP16AUS

Professional Idiot

Australia

$ 163

AB Rep: +59
Aura:

109381 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't figure out the rules or anything i guess it's just me maybe in then the future ill be able to be a better mahjong player. Thanks for the offer wolf but it's turned down.
Blazed

Rhode Island

AB Rep: +3

1426 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi W.W. thanks for inviting me, and i don't care if i lose, lol Sad
-White-Wolf-

____-W-W-___

$ 1266

AB Rep: +221
Aura:

1137635 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome Blazed ^^ Enjoy the tourney Smile

My latest run I cleared 10 boards, and got half way through the next.

Made for a decent score Wink
Blazed

Rhode Island

1426 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give me some pointers m8 because I can't get past the second board lol. Shocked
Blazed

Rhode Island

1426 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw yea you have a incredible score, Congrats! Very Happy
-White-Wolf-

____-W-W-___

$ 1266

Aura:

1137635 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazed wrote:

Quote:
Can you give me some pointers m8 because I can't get past the second board lol. Shocked

How you view the board is a big part, view the board as a whole, dont look at single tiles, as you clear sets of tiles you look at the area around each tile as a whole and after the first few tiles you should have in your head all available tiles, then memory becomes a big part.
This is why I said to SmokeyQ in my earlier post, that I don't like to play in large screen because I view the whole board, or large parts of it constantly.
This is why I only play the small square board, it may have less available tiles at times, but I find it easiest to remember the tiles and the board in quarters when clicking tiles.
Where as the other two boards are more spaced out, giving you more available tiles but there is more area to view, making memory of areas harder, does that make sense?
Also just playing one board over and over is best for memory, just depends what board works for you.
A big part to a good score is how you take the board down, don't take all the top tiles off first, do it evenly, this will give you more options at the end and you will use less shuffles, they cost 500 every time, you don't want to get left with a big long square of just the very bottom tiles, you will use a ton of shuffles!
When you get down to 4 tiles, and you have tiles on top of each other make sure you can get both sets, never leave the last set with two tiles on top of each other, a shuffle wont fix that, and you need to make sure you complete every board, it is worth 5,000, almost half my score came from getting the 5,000 bonus.
With every mahjong game you need to get familiar with the tiles, it helps alot, like I said its how you view it, you focus on the tile/set your getting rid of but at the same time viewing a bigger picture of tiles around it, but not by looking at each tile, as a whole area, you memory of tiles will pick them up.
Planning ahead helps, knowing your next set, and remembering tiles that cannot be accessed yet helps too.
For my 110k run, I had to use at least one shuffle every board, I think I would have averaged two - three tho, it can be a bit mean at the end because it generates a random shuffle, but it pays to keep shuffling to get that 5,000 bonus.
Practice, that will get your speed up.
Find a mahjong game that you really like, maybe a simple one to start with.
Type mahjong into the search box here Idea
I'm not as good as I used to be, all I used to play years back was mahjong on-line, I found it highly addictive, and I still do.
It is a great brain game, stimulating.

Quote:
btw yea you have a incredible score, Congrats! Very Happy

Thanks Wink
Im sure KATYDID will like the comp Smile

Good luck dude Wink
Blazed

Rhode Island

1426 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for all the info. Appreciated. I'm going to take your advice and play now. Thanks again White Wolf Very Happy
-White-Wolf-

____-W-W-___

$ 1266

Aura:

1137635 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome Blazed Wink

Tournament now closed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Tournaments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: