Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Games becoming to "Casual"?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Video Gaming Search Forum
Recent Topics
monopoly man 123

dont know

$ 90

AB Rep: +5
Aura:

1037 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Games becoming to "Casual"? Reply with quote

I have played games my whole life. Since the day i was born, i had a controller in my hand. A wired controller, playing my first ever game Super Mario All Stars on the Super Nintendo. That game was mint. made for a fan. even going back further, the atari 2600. sure the graphics werent the best, they were just blocks. they had to use there imagination sometimes to make out an object. but it was a game. games nowadays are more for the casual gamer. wii sports, is just one of them. there really isent a goal to complete. even games like call of duty. people dont even care about the gameplay anymore, its all about graphics, unfair perks, and kill streaks, were the main goal should be to just eliminate the opposing team, using tatics. an example of this is counter-strike. full of pros who use team work in order to win. cod on the other hand, is just to get a high score. also, games are getting way to generic these days, i mean who cares about graphics. if you cant make a good story line, you dont have a game. half life was an excellent example of this. fair graphics, outstanding AI, and an epic story. i mean, games of the 21th century are just... well... bland. atari, nintendo, sega, and even sony had some great games back in the day. i swear super mario, sonic, crash bandicoot and spyro were GREAT games. now those companies make new games for the "new generation" i mean, they are too easy and not original. they just milk ideas dry. i just thats just my point of view, i could probably go on for ages. please leave your comment discussing your opinion, thanks for reading.
bedem15

-->"Beantown"<--

Boston

$ 919

AB Rep: +41
Aura:

147379 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i with you a little on this...i still play my NES, genesis, super NES, and intellivision all the time...sometimes i even throw in some N64...i love the older games

$ 29

AB Rep: +1
Aura:

22115 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man i'm with you on this to the games nowadays have become way to complicated the older games were you just take out the opposing team are the best.
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destroyer117 wrote:
hey man i'm with you on this to the games nowadays have become way to complicated the older games were you just take out the opposing team are the best.

Which current games are too complicated? Which older games where you simply eliminate the other team are the best? Confused
pimpin101

Missouri

$ 383

AB Rep: +44

117169 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with this....I stopped buying game systems after the xbox because I just dont like the new type of games anymore....I think I showed my atari collection around here somewhere but I still continue to play the old systems and flashgames....the simple designs are much more satisfying than these newer games with a million buttons and who knows how many options....

1st gamer to reach $1000

England

$ 1958

AB Rep: +334
Aura:

25326 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - apart from Pro evo footy games the last game I really enjoyed was Timesplitters 2 on the game cube.

Also to add to your point - too many games have way too many buttons to press to play the game a,b,c,x,y,z r1,r2l1,l2,start,analogue etc.... Shocked
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neeraffa wrote:

Also to add to your point - too many games have way too many buttons to press to play the game a,b,c,x,y,z r1,r2l1,l2,start,analogue etc.... Shocked

Is that why the Wii was more successful than either the Xbox 360 or the Playstation 3? Was it because the Wiimote had fewer buttons than either the Xbox 360 controller or the Dualshock 3? Confused
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyoak99 wrote:
neeraffa wrote:

Is that why the Wii was more successful than either the Xbox 360 or the Playstation 3? Was it because the Wiimote had fewer buttons than either the Xbox 360 controller or the Dualshock 3? Confused

No, i think the wii was more successful because it holds the mario and sonic games which is enjoyed by all kids and many adults who used to play.
pimpin101

Missouri

$ 383

AB Rep: +44

117169 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neeraffa wrote:

I know...what happened to the days when we could play with a simple joystick and one button.....or even simple arrows keys with A,B,X,Y....

Thats another reason I switched to flashgames besides the complete rip off of how expensive the games are today I usually only have to play with mouse/arrows, spacebar/AWSD, etc.

-->"Beantown"<--

Boston

$ 919

Aura:

147379 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wii is directed more towards family...my mom had some people at her house last weekend, i showed up and they were drinkin and playin wii bowling...people do like the wii because it isnt very complicated

dont know

$ 90

Aura:

1037 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedem15 wrote:
the wii is directed more towards family...my mom had some people at her house last weekend, i showed up and they were drinkin and playin wii bowling...people do like the wii because it isnt very complicated

yeah, thats what im trying to say. how many mums did you know that played an atari, nes, or genesis? games like that were made for certain people, but the wii is a casual console, not many games exepect for metroid and paper mario and other nintendo classics that are any good, and there not like the original...
Sue-nami

AB Rep: +1

22889 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wii is the most family friendly and games are way more fun, I can play m gaes and when the kids are in they can play their games, and on the rare occasuion we are all in at same time we can all play together, so for me personally the wii wins jhands down!
bedem15

-->"Beantown"<--

Boston

$ 919

Aura:

147379 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just might have to have a nice NES session tonight...my daughter is away for the weekend, my 1 weekend a month that she goes to her moms...i think im gonna play some super mario 3 and some zelda....that should take up about 8 hours
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedem15 wrote:
think im gonna play some super mario 3 and some zelda....that should take up about 8 hours

Wow! The American Legend of Zelda dates from 1987 so it's almost 25 years old! Even the US version of Super Mario Bros. 3 dates from 1990! The American Nintendo Entertainment System was released as far back as 1985! Do both games and the system still work? Shocked
monopoly man 123

dont know

$ 90

Aura:

1037 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyoak99 wrote:
bedem15 wrote:
think im gonna play some super mario 3 and some zelda....that should take up about 8 hours

Wow! The American Legend of Zelda dates from 1987 so it's almost 25 years old! Even the US version of Super Mario Bros. 3 dates from 1990! The American Nintendo Entertainment System was released as far back as 1985! Do both games and the system still work? Shocked

lol of course they would still work! i have an atari 2600 from 1978, and it still works. its not like todays consoles, like the xbox 360's ring rings of death, or ps3 yellow light of death, which have a lifespan of like 5-6 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Video Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: