Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
I loved the 80's!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Polls Search Forum
Recent Topics

best 80's movie!
the toys! Slinky and Etch a sketch!
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
The movies! gotta be the movies!
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
the styles we wore and oh my god the hair . . .
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Definately the music
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
80's television shows
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
the cars from the 80's
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
or something else?
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

SmokeyQuartz
Forum Officer

$ 14

AB Rep: +36
Aura:

3193 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: I loved the 80's! Reply with quote

There are so many things about the 80's that i miss! the music, TV, the toys and all those great movies!! What do you miss most about the 80's!?

maybe you werent even a child of the 80's like me, but i think anyone can find something good that we all miss!
-White-Wolf-

____-W-W-___

$ 1266

AB Rep: +221
Aura:

1137635 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great poll SQ.
I voted the music, but it was a tough call, can I say everything but the clothes.
Some of the hairstyles were cool.
There were some great movies and t.v series out of the eighties.
Die hard, several of the Rocky movies, The Karate Kid, Beetlejuice, Predator, Aliens, Mad Max, First Blood, Poltergeist, The Terminator, Friday the 13th, The Shining.
I think my two favorite t.v shows were The A-Team and Married with Children, two greats.
I could keep listening them, but those are some of the 80's movies and series we own on DVD.
Don't even get me started on Music Laughing
But to name a few, Metallica, U2, Heart, Queen, Guns and Roses, Iron Maiden, Beastie Boys, AC /DC and Michael Jackson.
We own albums from all those artists / bands, I'm sure they are all 80's, I may be wrong.

I was born in 1981 Cool

monopoly man 123

dont know

$ 90

AB Rep: +5
Aura:

1037 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-White-Wolf- wrote:
Great poll SQ.
I voted the music, but it was a tough call, can I say everything but the clothes.
Die hard, several of the Rocky movies, The Karate Kid, Beetlejuice, Predator, Aliens, Mad Max, First Blood, Poltergeist, The Terminator, Friday the 13th, The Shining.
I think my two favorite t.v shows were The A-Team and Married with Children, two greats.
I could keep listening them, but those are some of the 80's movies and series we own on DVD.
But to name a few, Metallica, U2, Heart, Queen, Guns and Roses, Iron Maiden, Beastie Boys, AC /DC and Michael Jackson.
We own albums from all those artists / bands, I'm sure they are all 80's, I may be wrong.

I was born in 1981 Cool

yes, i agree. i wasent even born in the 80's and i swear to god i wish i did. yes the music was great, the movies were excellent, and video games were in their prime years. original and new ideas were created in the 80's, now this generation take that for granted. stupid techno music...
Lonny

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in order to really enjoy the 80's one would have to be born at least a few years before it. Me 72 - roller skating rings were all the rage till early 81, now just 5 100+ unit low income ghetto apartments sits their.

then we has arcades at every corner where 80's music played and no matter which one you went to you did not hear the same song twice, unless you asked the DJ to replay it and he would do it once for a person, and that if you were lucky.

we went out and met real friends, internet the way we know it now was just a distant dream and in popular science magazine and those that has it where the rich ones. I only knew one friend that had it.

from movies like war games to cocoon "which made me see old people differently" to E.T and batteries not included these movies stood the test of time. Untill the remake come out.

to me theirs really not one thing i miss about the 80's hell even the bad times where fun times to me.

Great Canada - US Host...
Master Of Puppets

Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to vote for the music! I first heard Metallica in the 80s.

Now after reading your post and doing the poll I can't get 'Tainted Love' out of my head....
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I grew up in the 70's - 80's... The music was awesome, and people could get away with like anything.

Going to a rock concert in the 80's would be awesome...
Lonny

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starman wrote:
I wish I grew up in the 70's - 80's... The music was awesome, and people could get away with like anything.

Going to a rock concert in the 80's would be awesome...

you couldn't get away with anything doing those days.

i broke a window at a store one day my mom dragged me by the ear loop to apologize to the store owner and sided with the cop who took the info from her.

kids today have it made they turn around and call the cops on their own mom and dad.

if i would of thought of doing something like that i would of had my ass black and blued for days.

Great Canada - US Host...
bedem15

-->"Beantown"<--

Boston

$ 919

AB Rep: +41
Aura:

147379 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 80's were definitely awesome...you cant get better than 80's rock...what ever happened to power ballads??

984 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-White-Wolf- wrote:
Great poll SQ.

I was born in 1981 Cool

I couldn't agree more! It was hard for me to pick just one thing from the poll. It really came down to music, movies and tv shows. My heart is in the music though. We have a board game (yup... a real live BOARD game..lol) called Song Burst. It's 70's and 80's songs that you have to remember the lyrics and sing. I love playing it!

I was born in 1984 Smile
neeraffa

1st gamer to reach $1000

England

$ 1958

AB Rep: +334
Aura:

25326 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old skool Hip Hop!
zx Sinclair Spectrum 48k!

The 80's were great - the best decade in my opinion!
taz775

BOW TO MY SUPERIOR INTELLECT!

$ 77

AB Rep: +4

14251 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I wasn't offically born in the 60's, but I do enjoy playing with slinkies Razz so my vote went for toys .

uk formally new zealand

$ 165

AB Rep: +21
Aura:

55925 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was an 80s freak,i voted for music,i have tens of thousands of tracks,split enz gary numan and the prodigy are my favs.a stack of movies are also classics
JonnyKage

155 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in 86 grew up with the Nintnedo Entertainment System, Mega Man 2 which came out in 89 is my favorite game of all time, oh man how I would love to go back to those days, which something I am trying to recrate on my Youtube channel TheJonnyKage give it a watch if you have some free time I love to do Let's Play videos and live for the community, just let me know what you want to see and I shall do my best to achieve it.
Jolas

$ 24

15689 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost my mind! So many memories! Great bands, great music! This decade saw the emergence of pop music, as well as various forms of rock music, such as new wave, soft rock, and glam metal. The 1980s are commonly associated with the use of synthesizers, and was the introduction of sampling and hip hop/rap.
marcman88

$ 30

AB Rep: +3
Aura:

32370 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movies were the best. They wouldn't make it in today's world but they spoke to all teenagers at the time.
Breakfast Club
Pretty in Pink
Revenge of the Nerds
Stripes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: