Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Team Tournaments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Tournaments Search Forum
Recent Topics
Master Of Puppets

Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Team Tournaments Reply with quote

So I had this idea for a new tournament format. I did a quick search on the forums to see if this had already been suggested/implemented and couldn't find anything so if it has already been done I give my humblest apologies.

Here is what I was thinking...

What if the next time AB wants to have a 'free' credit group tournament we do it in a team format.

I think it is pretty obvious that White Wolf and neeraffa are the two top gamers here so they could be captains. The balance of each team would consist of who decides to sign up for the team format tournament. I assume random selection would be the easiest way or the two captains could pick (draft) randomly to get their team together. It would have to include at least 5-7 games over different categories. The placing in each game that the person gets would earn points for their team, i.e. if neeraffa was to get the top score on a chosen game at the end of the tourney he would get 10pts for his team, second place would get 8pts for their team etc. The team at the end of the tourney (I'm thinking at least 5 days) with the most points would divide the credits amongst themselves evenly(I'm thinking 1,000,000 credits to start AB! Wink ). In the event of a tie the team that can hold their breath the longest wins...no wait now that won't work, in the event of a tie (add suggestion here)

If this works out in this format maybe trying it with an entry fee (credit) could be next.

Anyone else think this might work or have any other ideas to make it better? Or do you think it is a crappy idea and I should go back to listening to Britney Spears......-----Hit me baby one more time----...... Surprised
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a bad idea. I know Lalin was working on something similar based off my last idea with the free tourny's except he was trying to make it country vs country. Not sure if he worked out all the ins and outs. But, what he had as a rough idea was pretty decent. Kind of similar to your idea. I'll let him explain it though.
neeraffa

1st gamer to reach $1000

England

$ 1958

AB Rep: +334
Aura:

25326 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual M.O.P. you came up with an awesome idea! +1rep!

If this happens I would be glad to take rogbows scores LMAO! (joke btw)

Cool
carnage666

$ 557

AB Rep: +7
Aura:

442950 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think this is a really good idea. Very unique. I hope it happens.
+1 Rep from me too.
kiwifootsouljahz

uk formally new zealand

$ 165

AB Rep: +21
Aura:

55925 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive concept,it sounds like a really neat idea,+1 from me for that
NickP16AUS

Professional Idiot

Australia

$ 163

AB Rep: +59
Aura:

109381 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea +1 rep from me, but would this count towards prize money on TOTM? also What happens if you get selected for a team but you don't play the game (maybe no credits?) One last thing if theirs a tie maybe a sudden death play off where the team members from each team select a person on their team to have a sudden death play off on a random game and against the chosen one on the opposite team (but you know the game before hand)......
Master Of Puppets

$ 114

Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but would this count towards prize money on TOTM?

I think when AB has the no credit group tournaments now that if you have the high score for that game you get credited with a tournament win so I would think it would count.

Quote:
What happens if you get selected for a team but you don't play the game (maybe no credits?)

My first thought was that it would be like the free no credit to join tournaments that AB has been putting on recently so you shouldn't miss any games if you don't have any credits. Now I also thought what if you are on a team and for whatever reason you don't play any or very few of the games, should you get a fair share of the credits if your team wins?? I think you would have to play a certain number of games to qualify for any credits i.e. if there were 8 games in the tourney you would have to play in at least 5.

I suggested that down the road if this format seemed to be popular enough then to try it with an entry fee (credits). That way you would have to put the credits up first in order to get your name entered into the tournament.

I really like your sudden death idea Nick.P!

There is still some things that need to be worked out that's for sure.

I also have to stress that this was just an idea that I thought might be cool to try. I haven't spoken to Lalin or anyone about it I just thought I would throw it out their to see what other people thought about it. Like rogbow said Lalin already has something in mind so we will have to wait and see. I am glad to see that the idea seems to be well received so far. I think it would be a lot of fun.
-White-Wolf-

____-W-W-___

$ 1266

AB Rep: +221
Aura:

1137635 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Master Of Puppets Cool

I have seen a similar set up at other sites.
Many years back I played at Neodelight, and they did it country VS country.
They had no tournaments tho, when ever you submitted a score on a game it would auto save your points towards your country.
It worked very well.

If I could add a few thoughts

I think it should be separated from the tournament boss, as I think it would be unfair if there were teams, unless ALL members were able to join a team either at the start of the month, or every time there were two keen members one would join each side.

Ideally I think just make it separate.
Have a different page for it.
Have a forum thread for it.

Maybe Admin could answer this question, can a tournament be made for longer than 10 days ?
If so, maybe 20 games could be chosen at random, list those games at the start of the month and run them till the end of the month.
If not, maybe have three groups 10 days each.
Then it could be best of three.
Or total overall points, I'm sure there would be a points system set up.

If it was made separate from cash tournaments, which I think is best, there could be other prizes.
Everyone in your team would receive an equal prize of credits, or even AD free pages Idea

Would be awesome for ArcadeBoss to make this happen.
I would be more than happy to help in any way I can.

Sounds really fun.
neeraffa

1st gamer to reach $1000

England

$ 1958

AB Rep: +334
Aura:

25326 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-White-Wolf- wrote:

Maybe Admin could answer this question, can a tournament be made for longer than 10 days ?

Well,I'm not admin or a mod but I do know the answer to this...

Tourneys can be added for as long as is wanted/needed but they would not show (and cannot be joined) until 10 days are left on that tourney.
Master Of Puppets

$ 114

Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All excellent points/ideas/answers WW and neeraffa. I hope AB or Lalin can make this happen as well!!
marcman88

$ 30

AB Rep: +3
Aura:

32370 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea. Maybe the captains could send out invitations to the people they wanted to join their team.
NickP16AUS

Professional Idiot

Australia

$ 163

AB Rep: +59
Aura:

109381 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcman88 wrote:
I like the idea. Maybe the captains could send out invitations to the people they wanted to join their team.

but then some may miss out!
Bafusa

Czech Republic

$ 1116

AB Rep: +72
Aura:

2320471 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea Master Of Puppets, + 1 AB Rep from me Wink
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. A similar general team option/idea is already a feature noted for possible future development. But I cannot say if/when it might happen.
bedem15

-->"Beantown"<--

Boston

$ 919

AB Rep: +41
Aura:

147379 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i kind of like this idea...good thinkin MOP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Tournaments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: