Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Swedish Man, Survived Two Months In Snow-Covered Car

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Archives Search Forum
Recent Topics
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Swedish Man, Survived Two Months In Snow-Covered Car Reply with quote

Peter Skyllberg, a 44-year-old man from Sweden, survived two months trapped in his snow-covered car due to a "natural igloo" that formed from the air trapped in the vehicle.In a stroke of luck, a passerby found Skyllberg in his car in Umea, a town a little south of the Arctic Circle, where the Telegraph reports authorities say he was in "really bad shape." He was immediately taken to a nearby hospital, where he is expected to be released in a few days after a full recovery. The temperature in the area had reportedly dropped to -30 F.

That's one lucky guy Exclamation Here's the full story....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/19/peter-skyllberg-swedish-man-survives-two-months-in-snow-covered-car_n_1287586.html?icid=maing-grid7
Super Duper

$ 43

42570 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's amazing, two months????

He must have lot's of things in the car, water, etc...

Nevertheless, it's amazing...
bedem15

-->"Beantown"<--

Boston

$ 919

AB Rep: +41
Aura:

147379 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats pretty crazy

TripleXp

AB Rep: +3

7664 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw this on the news today and i thought dayum he is lucky lol
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't believe that this one is true.

Sounds like it was all set up so he could get in the news to be honest.. He would have broke through a window, and he wouldn't have let snow cover up his car like that...

Also I'm surprised he had no phone on him.. Smells fishy to me.
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well considering the location maybe cell phones don't work there. It is kind of out of the way and I see it as possible people get stranded all the time however most don't survive.
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Duper wrote:
That's amazing, two months????

He must have lot's of things in the car, water, etc...

Nevertheless, it's amazing...

That doesn't seem to be the case and a doctor mentioned that a person CAN survive without food for 2 months:

Quote:
Doctor Ulf Segerberg, the Chief Medical Officer at Norrland's University Hospital told the paper in a separate report that, combined with the igloo effect, it's not unheard of a human to survive without food for that long.

"Starvation for one month, anyone can tolerate that if they have water to drink," Segerberg told the Telegraph. "If you have body fat, you will survive even longer, although you end up looking like someone coming from a concentration camp."

It's still impressive no matter the case though! Shocked
Forum Officer

$ 14

AB Rep: +36
Aura:

3193 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 months? how could you not get cabin fever and go crazy. . .or just die from stroking out or a heart attack, like those avalanche victims you posted about. . .oh my god that is freaky. I usually stay calm and im great under pressure in a life or death situation if i need to care for someone else etc but when im trapped somewhere or like how this guy was, oh my god no way

great story though!! thanks for sharing
kiwifootsouljahz

uk formally new zealand

$ 165

AB Rep: +21
Aura:

55925 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unusual story but interesting....im not sure i would be too happy bout that happening to me
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Welcome Smokey......Yeah I'd have to agree I would go nuts being trapped like that.
carltontx

USA

$ 117

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

85766 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant see someone going that long without food or water not to mention if the car was covered with snow just how was air able to get inside the car?
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should give you a better explanation of igloo effect.

Dr. Bert Yankielun, an expert on igloos and the author of How To Build An Igloo And Other Snow Shelters, says the term "igloo effect" was thought up by the media to give us a mental picture of the science that saved the man's life. He says that "Snow consists of ice crystals and air, and the air is trapped in little tiny microscopic pockets between the ice crystals. And it's the air that provides an insulating factor. It's much like, i tell people, look at your fluffy ski jacket full of fibers with all the little pockets of air between the fibers." He continues, "I think it would have been impossible for this gentleman to survive without the insulating effect of snow."

So the snow that covered his car not only provided water it provided air and it helped keep the freezing temps out.
carltontx

USA

$ 117

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

85766 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats all good but the snow was on the out side of the car right? was all the windows in the car busted if so why didnt the guy just crawl out i mean i can understand the doctors logic but it does not make sense that the guy would have access to the outside and not take it unless he was injured to the point that he could not crawl and i would think that a injury that bad the guy would have gone into shock and died way before two months went by
Jolas

$ 24

15689 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very impressive!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Archives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: