Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Arcade Boss Suggestions Wanted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk Search Forum
Recent Topics

What would you like to see on Arcade Boss
More games (even if no highscores)
18%
 18%  [ 14 ]
More AB original games
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
More contests or more cash prizes
35%
 35%  [ 26 ]
Team highscore competitions
14%
 14%  [ 11 ]
Site-wide chat box
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Custom member page
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Video section
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Images section
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 74

rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucignolo wrote:
Arcade Boss is a site made and run very well ... maybe I wanted to play some more .. for example I love Crush Down Very Happy

So what is the suggestion here ? Confused
Master Of Puppets

Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about this idea Ernie...

What if AB was to give credits to the person who posted the most in the TGQ every month. You are right when you say it's fun to post there and maybe this little bit of incentive is all that would be needed. I was thinking around 1,000,000 credits per month but would settle at 1000. ( Geesh I sound like one of those simpletons on Pawn Stars Very Happy )

Obviously you would have to run it by the big guy but you never know that might be all that is needed to make the TGQ the most used part of the forums again (or at least bring it up above the CHAT thread!). Then if this was successful you could change that darn signature Razz
lucignolo

AB Rep: +2

-4020 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: So what is the suggestion here ? Reply with quote

my suggestion was to add new games eg. crush down (you know him?) ... what is your hand? ... I do not think that you gave no contribution Rogbow1
Master Of Puppets

$ 114

Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lucignolo,

Hope you had a nice Easter!

I think rogbow was just confused at the location of your request. If you want to suggest a new game for Arcade Boss to add you can do it here...

http://www.arcadeboss.com/viewtopic.php?t=8&highlight=games

I think it has to be a Mochi supported game so the scores can register.
Otherwise this thread is for new suggestions for the site itself (besides games).

Cheers!
lucignolo

AB Rep: +2

-4020 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Master Of Puppets .. thanks a lot .. and I hope that you too have spent a happy Easter!

Will enter the game in the link you suggested! Thanks Smile
Ernie
Forum Officer

Over there, but still here.

AB Rep: +20
Aura:

79235 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an awesome suggestion, MOP. I will run it by him and get his opinion on it.
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a suggestion...

Since the lowering of prizes and with all the new games added to the site.

I think it would be beneficial for the site to add a second scores officer or have one of the current mods assist the current scores officer.

Reason with the prizes being lowered it seems as though the chea.ts will try harder for the top prizes thus putting an extra burden on the current scores officer. Just a thought or my opinion. What are the chances for that ArcadeBoss ?

Or changing / lowering the prizes from B.O.T.M and T.O.T.M over to the P.O.T.M. I realize this is a game site but, seeing how prizes were lowered to discourage chea.ts wouldn't it be more applicable to adjust the prize money this way seeing how you can't chea.t at P.O.T.M ? Then there would be no need to add an extra mod seeing how all mods seem to assist in the forums anyway ? Ultimately removing the burden of chea.ts.

Just an idea or thought anyway.
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP

No reply or response yet
joker420

arround

$ 813

AB Rep: +10
Aura:

92173 Credits

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: wow!! Reply with quote

i would love more contests and more cash prizes...thats what makes this site so great.. Razz
Ernie
Forum Officer

Aura:

79235 Credits

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Rogbow,

Since the prizes were just recently lowered not much more than a week ago, it's a bit early to make these changes before we have evidence that the current prizes are actually causing an influx of cheaters.

But if that is what ends up happening over the next few months, hopefully this will be taken into consideration.
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Ernie and I realize the adjustment to the prizes were recent and it's kind of early but what I have seen it has caused an influx of cheating and it's pretty obvious too. Well like I said it was just a thought or an idea that popped into my head and thought hey why not suggest it and see what AB and the mods thought of it.
Ernie
Forum Officer

Aura:

79235 Credits

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also possible that this influx of cheating is a result of the influx of new games being added. It will take at least a few more weeks to determine for sure what the cause is.
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true Ernie. that is why with my suggestion I said because of the new games and the recent drop in prizes. Not suggesting or saying that the current scores officer is not capable of the job just trying to help or find a way to help resolve the influx of cheating.
Master Of Puppets

$ 114

Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been suggested but what about a point system for BOTM. The way it looks to me is that some games are dominated by the really good players here, usually at the beginning of the month, because of this, some games get ignored once an extremely high score has been posted.

What if AB awarded points for 2nd and 3rd places for that game. I think it would provide some incentive to us lesser mortals to at least try some of these games that have an extremely high monthly posted score. It would also be a little less discouraging if say I was to get my all time high score on a game only to have someone else come along and beat it. If my score was to stand for 2nd or 3rd at months end at least I would get something for all my hard work.

Now I think it would have to weighted in such a way that 1st place for the month still meant a great deal maybe something like 25pts for 1st. 12pts for 2nd and 5 pts for 3rd. You will probably have to tinker with it a little bit.

Now will it change much at the top? I doubt it but it could make it more interesting. If nothing else it would reward players to play more games on the site more often.

So what do you guys think?

Again I did a quick forum search to see if something like this has already been suggested but couldn't find anything so apologies if it is already here somewhere.

Cheers!
neeraffa

1st gamer to reach $1000

England

$ 1958

AB Rep: +334
Aura:

25326 Credits

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I came up with a similar idea a couple of years back aimed at awarding the top 10-20 gamers of the year and the Boss of the Year and like you awarded points but I said 25 for 1st in BOTM ,20 for 2nd etc but your idea is a really good one too - the only thing would be the amount of work it would take to add all the gamers points each month.

Having said that if something could award points automatically the idea would be awesome!

+1 rep Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: