Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
MOTM > MOTS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Archives Search Forum
Recent Topics
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: MOTM > MOTS? Reply with quote

I think Member Of The Month should become Member Of The Season for the following reasons:

1. About 30 days is not a very wide time window in which to observe a variety of member input.
2. It would be fairer on everyone and less likely that the same member wins over and over again.
3. It's quite tedious and tiresome to run this competition so frequently.
4. If the two competitions SOTS and MOTS were run simultaneously it would make it easier on the staff to run the competitions.
5. More members, including newer ones would get a chance at winning the competition.

The credit prize would be increased to the same as SOTS at 3,000 Cr.

What do members think?

NickP16AUS

Professional Idiot

Australia

$ 163

AB Rep: +59
Aura:

109381 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, personal i prefer it to be member of the month not season because its easier for new people to win/nominated. I realise that this hard on the staff and i believe we all appreciate the work that is done here. I think their should be a rule that the first three people in MOTM can't be nominated for the next month so the same people don't always win/get nominated.
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I understand that this is a burden on the staff and very tedious but to change it from MOTM to MOTS seems a bit much to me or that's my opinion. The work is greatly appreciated though.

Here's a thought or idea....

How about Member of the Quarter MOTQ every 3 months ?

Also what about making some guidelines as to who can be nominated or who qualifies to be nominated ?

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickP16AUS wrote:
Well, personal i prefer it to be member of the month not season because its easier for new people to win/nominated

I suggested MOTS because I think new members don't get the chance to be nominated. If the period being judged were longer then new members would have more of a chance to make an impression in the judging period.

rogbow wrote:

Every season is every 3 months.
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Nürburg wrote:
NickP16AUS wrote:
Well, personal i prefer it to be member of the month not season because its easier for new people to win/nominated

I suggested MOTS because I think new members don't get the chance to be nominated. If the period being judged were longer then new members would have more of a chance to make an impression in the judging period.

rogbow wrote:

Every season is every 3 months.

Embarassed was thinking 6 months sorry brain dead been up for 36 hours straight. Then I think that's appropriate and would give more time for everyone to have a chance to prove themselves or to show they deserve to be nominated not just being nominated to be nominated.

DMC

Parts Unknown

AB Rep: +93
Aura:

998147 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with everything you said Dr. Nurburg.
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Destroyer wrote:
I completely agree with everything you said Dr. Nurburg.

Thanks. It seems that MOTM has lost its novelty and value of reward. Being run so frequently it doesn't have any special value.

At the moment it is just a vote-race to see who can win the most credits. A number of times votes have been cast by multiple accounts, which we stamped on - but it just doesn't seem cool anymore.

I think running it in tie with SOTS would make it seem more of an award to win - and for all the other original reasons.

rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Nürburg wrote:

It seems that MOTM has lost its novelty and value of reward. Being run so frequently it doesn't have any special value.

At the moment it is just a vote-race to see who can win the most credits. A number of times votes have been cast by multiple accounts, which we stamped on - but it just doesn't seem cool anymore.

I agree with these comments. MOTM doesn't really a have true meaning anymore it has a lackluster appearance to it and those individuals you stamped on just brought it down to nothing more than I'm voting for my friend or buddy just so no one else can win which in my opinion ruined it and it took away from other members who were also deserving of the award.

I think your idea is a great idea Dr Nurburg and I hope it isn't ruined by the same tactics as before +1 REP to you Wink

$ 51

AB Rep: +78
Aura:

1681 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only now I realized the existence of this interesting topic of Dr.Nurburg and I would like to express my opinion.
The various reasons given above can be shared and I have no objection to a competition MOTS instead MOTM,but there are some things I do not like!

I sincerely believe that the period of time (one, two, three months) is completely irrelevant for the simple reason that in general is nominated and then you vote for a friend (or for those who have sympathy) even if the member did not nothing positive in the site and has been inactive!
That I do not think it's fair to users deserving Rolling Eyes
To overcome such tactics I would have some suggestions:
-the member who won the competition may not be appointed / voted for the next period (I agree with Nick)
-when has one vote is also required to give specific reasons why you voting for a particular member.
-to prevent multiple accounts give more votes to the same person, do not count the votes cast in the poll, but only those expressed and declared in the post.

I believe that only in this way there would be a fair competition and not carried out by the same people sly Wink
is just my thought, and agree, as a member, any rule or decision that Dr.Nurburg and the rest of the staff wants to take!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Archives All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: