Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
NHL Stanley Cup. Who's your team to win it all?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Sports Search Forum
Recent Topics
kman2495

9559 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: NHL Stanley Cup. Who's your team to win it all? Reply with quote

Personally I would prefer the Flyers to win a Stanley cup, but if they play the Rangers in the Eastern Conference Finals, then they might not get the chance to play for it. As for the west, I see the Kings making it to the stanley cup finals as well.
Master Of Puppets

Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey kman,

There aren't a lot of hockey fans on this site so you might not get a ton of responses. I personally think with the talent the Rangers have for them to not win the East would be a disappointment. They have (I think) a pretty easy second round opponent (Washington) whom they should finish off in 5 games. I think New Jersey is going to give Philly all they can handle but they should make it through. The real question mark for Philly is Bryzgalov. He is not a proven playoff performer.

In the West how can you not like St. Louis and Phoenix in the Western Final. St. Louis has a real nice mix of youth and veteran leadership. They have an excellent coach and play with a lot of heart. Phoenix has shown they belong and Mike Smith is proving he is a BEAST in goal. A lot of people picked Nashville to go all the way this year and Phoenix has made it look pretty easy through 2 games so far. I like Phoenix to win the West.

So my picks are New York vs. Phoenix for the title and I'm picking the Coyotes to win Lord Stanley's Mug! It might re-energize the fans in Phoenix to actually come out and watch a very good hockey team.

Cheers!
Tenchithepimp

New England

$ 119

AB Rep: +25
Aura:

145345 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, what a call on the kings. Nobody thought that la was going to win it all. i really thought new jersey would have over powered them. It's not over yet but 3-0 is usually a safe bet.
Starman

Retired Moderator

New York

$ 1351

AB Rep: +47
Aura:

336411 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from NY but I'm a Devils fan.. It would be nice to see them come back and win it, but I doubt it will even come close to happening.

Atleast we took out the NY Rangers Smile
reganz

21148 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope there will be hockey this year,we will know any day now but it appears there will be a strike,very very sad indeed,I hope they get an agreement going fast.

Im an Oilers fan,always have been,and this year we look young and fast and hungry,they are my long shot pick to win the cup. Shocked
Master Of Puppets

Sleep My Friend and You Will See...

$ 114

AB Rep: +174
Aura:

5 Credits

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reganz wrote:
I hope there will be hockey this year,we will know any day now but it appears there will be a strike,very very sad indeed,I hope they get an agreement going fast.

Doesn't look good right now for them to be starting on time. Hopefully the owners and players can hammer out a deal in time to save most of the season.

reganz wrote:
Im an Oilers fan,always have been,and this year we look young and fast and hungry,they are my long shot pick to win the cup.

Edmonton Oilers = Home of one of the classiest hockey players of all time (imo) Ryan Smyth. Oh yeah and that other guy what's his name Wayne something or other... Very Happy
reganz

21148 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent worked out the quote thing yet,I will soon.

anyways I agree,Ryan is great,the city loves that dude. The Oilers have had a lot of great players there over the years and some great young ones now.

I think I have heard of that Wayne guy,he was a goalie wasnt he? Surprised

guess its time to support local hockey,I can take in the odd live junior game,they are very fun to watch.[/quote]
jmb1269

Glen Burnie Maryland USA

AB Rep: +1

9690 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington Caps- we got close last year and I think that it'll happen this year.

Hopefully we'll have a full season- they have to ratify the new union contract by Oct 25th in order to do so...
Tenchithepimp

New England

$ 119

AB Rep: +25
Aura:

145345 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmb1269 wrote:

Hopefully we'll have a full season- they have to ratify the new union contract by Oct 25th in order to do so...

yeah it's sad that three of the biggest sports have all had lockouts in the past year or so. I think they will play the season either way maybe a short season like the nba.
reganz

21148 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
yeah it's sad that three of the biggest sports have all had lockouts in the past year or so

yes exactly,I think a slight domino effect has happened,I know the hockey players were/are looking at the current NBA and NFL and MBA deals,thats one reason why the NHL recently offered a 50/50 player -owner revenue split...they have no choice but to improve things just as the other sports did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: