Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Star Trek Into Darkness has disappointing opening weekend!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Entertainment Search Forum
Recent Topics
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Star Trek Into Darkness has disappointing opening weekend! Reply with quote

It may have easily dethroned Iron Man 3 given that sequel was in its third week but Star Trek Into Darkness is clearly headed into dark territory as it failed to meet high expectations.

The film earned an estimated $70 million this weekend which means it couldn't even meet the 2009 gross of that year's Star Trek film.

The competition can only get fiercer from here as Fast & Furious 6 and Hangover Part III gets released on Friday and Thursday respectively!

The box office results for this weekend can be found at:

http://www.boxoffice.com/

What do you think of these results? What did you think of the Star Trek sequel?

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised of your findings Mr Oak. The public comments I've been reading about STID have been very positive. The trailer looks awesome and apparently trekkies say it was better than the first movie.

I will be getting it on DVD when it comes out.

garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I said it failed to meet expectations, I meant the expectations that its domestic box office gross would be better than the Star Trek film released in 2009.

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've now seen it and here's my review. It wasn't what I had anticipated or expected, but certainly worthwhile. Anyway put into points...

• + Much better action-wise than the first reboot film.
  • - The similarities with Wrath Of Kahn were very almost an unnecessary disappointment - but - they pulled off including this twist as good as you could probably attempt. So I'm happy to let that pass.
  • + There is much, much more focus on scale, such as star-ships in contrast to ground-based environment.
  • + Aside from the WOK twist, the plot itself was absolutely fantastic.
  • - I still feel Pine's Kirk is a little less mature than Shatner's character, but I am willing to give it another movie to see him get more into the roll.
  • + This version of Trek is truly action-packed and much more like a Star Wars kind of "active theme" and less arm-chair orientated.
  • + The special effects were top notch.

There are some great scenes I liked very much. I'll try not to leak a spoiler, but the "visual-contrasts" I mentioned are done very accurately and professionally. Also there is a truly brilliant scene incorporating a gravity-failure scenario.

Very good film.

cberry56

$ 20

AB Rep: +3

28563 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have come so far in graphics since the very first Star Trek was released many many moons ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Entertainment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: