Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Comet ISON

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Sci Tech Search Forum
Recent Topics
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Comet ISON Reply with quote

Comet ISON is 3,100 miles wide and 57,000 miles long. It will make its closest approach past the Earth in November. When this happens it will be as bright as the full moon and visible in broad daylight for a number of weeks.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/07/us/comet-ison-5-things/index.html

Before passing by the Earth, it will sling shot around the Sun. Whilst NASA say ISON will not hit the Earth, there is a possibility it may explode as it sling shots the Sun. Also, due to solar winds from the Sun, its 57,000 mile long tail will be blown out in front of it and in the direction towards which it travels.

So not to get anybody worried or anything but just thought I'd mention that something with a head the size of Australia and a tail twice the circumference of the Earth, could possibly explode as it sling shots around the Sun towards us in November.

Last edited by Dr. Nürburg on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that's not exciting enough, you can either call this good or bad news...

More here...

http://youtu.be/7AUljj2XTSI

Whatever happens in November... it'll be interesting to say the least!

Last edited by Dr. Nürburg on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
ArcadeBoss
Site Admin
Game On

ARMIO

AB Rep: +111
Aura:

1171784 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about this. Can't wait to see. Thanks for posting, Dr. N.
Fullmoon

$ 51

AB Rep: +78
Aura:

1681 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping that we can see with the naked eye I will not lose this show and I will have an upturned nose..or I will make sure to procure a telescope lol
Surely it is a phenomenon so nice not to be missed!! TY astronomer Dr.Nurburg Wink
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should note, all NASA activities have been suspended during the government shutdown, including telescope data, Mars rovers and so forth.

Comet's are by nature very unpredictable and ISON is no exception. Not even NASA knows what exactly will happen between now and November.

I would have thought considering the dangerous possibilities of this Comet, NASA's observational equipment should be in full operation.

I find that a bit strange and concerning.

However military police, NSA and friends still in full operation.

Very Happy
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Nürburg wrote:
We should note, all NASA activities have been suspended during the government shutdown, including telescope data, Mars rovers and so forth.

Comet's are by nature very unpredictable and ISON is no exception. Not even NASA knows what exactly will happen between now and November.

I would have thought considering the dangerous possibilities of this Comet, NASA's observational equipment should be in full operation.

I find that a bit strange and concerning.

However military police, NSA and friends still in full operation.

Very Happy

Image that the government shut down and they are not concerned with this now this is no surprise to me. The government is a joke Rolling Eyes I bet if they would get a million $ a piece they would be all over it and this would still be in operation. Corruption at it's finest !!! Thanks for sharing this Dr. N very interesting Very Happy

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh trust me it's not only America.

If David Cameron is going to force people to "work for their death by cause of famine" then he is legally obliged to buy me a new suit.

rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Nürburg wrote:
Oh trust me it's not only America.

If David Cameron is going to force people to "work for their death by cause of famine" then he is legally obliged to buy me a new suit.

Yes I know but, it's hard to find a government that's worth the 2 cents they get paid and they take enough of people's hard earned $ anyway through taxation. Rolling Eyes

Well I agree with you Dr.N you deserve a new suit Wink

$ 20

AB Rep: +3

28563 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to the Comet Ison....Totally awesome. I will definitely be watching the skies for this event. Saw several of the meteors a month or so ago and it was so cool.
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently ISON has unexpectedly brightened over the last 72 hours and is now visible with the naked eye. It is now somewhat green even to the eye.

In the northern hemisphere right now ISON doesn't show up until 5 am in the South-East sky.

Since I'm nocturnalling it this week I will try to get a look.

Apparently there seems to be some chemical reaction going on inside.

Which means by the end of November and through December we could be in for quite a show.

Will keep you posted.

cberry56

$ 20

AB Rep: +3

28563 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really excited about being able to see this comet. Last I heard it's suppose to happen sometime around the end of November.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Sci Tech All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: