Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Is using a VPN OK for ArcadeBoss?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Support Search Forum
Recent Topics
msidoh

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Is using a VPN OK for ArcadeBoss? Reply with quote

Hi Support,

I just want to check...
Recently, I got hold of a free giveaway of a VPN called Zenmate. I was just testing its capabilities while playing games (e.g. see if my laggy internet speed improves), and I noticed AB immediately logged me off as soon as I switched from my local server to a server in London.

I just want to check with you guys to make sure that using a VPN on AB is OK, and it's not regarded as any form of cheating (not sure how it could be used for cheating, though!).

Thanks! Cool
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how it could be wrong, but as you know it won't help you compete easily.

I'll check with AB...

msidoh

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dr. N. yes, please check.

I am trying to avoid the erratic speed and quality of my local ISP. Sometimes a game will load in a few seconds, other times it could take up to a few minutes! Then, other times it says 'Server has been reset, please try again'! Mad

I was trying out the VPN to see if using a server overseas might help with improving the actual loading time, and nothing to do with the actual gameplay. I think the games are played in my own RAM, aren't they? So there is no advantage in gameplay, I believe. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Arcade Boss Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: