Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Veteran's Day 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk Search Forum
Recent Topics
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Veteran's Day 2014 Reply with quote

Today is Veteran's Day in the U.S.

Veterans Day is intended to honor and thank all military personnel who served the United States in all wars, particularly living veterans. It is marked by parades and church services and in many places the American flag is hung at half mast. A period of silence lasting two minutes is held at 11am

It only takes a moment to say Thank You !!

$ 74

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

247538 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also called Armistice day here in the UK. I've got plenty of reasons to remember with having direct ancestors who served in the first and second wold wars.
I know that not everyone agrees with the commemoration but I see it as a time to remember anyone that you've lost or loved and not just those who've served and fallen.
garyoak99
Tournaments Officer

$ 680

AB Rep: +289
Aura:

278975 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akeo wrote:
Also called Armistice day here in the UK. I've got plenty of reasons to remember with having direct ancestors who served in the first and second wold wars.
I know that not everyone agrees with the commemoration but I see it as a time to remember anyone that you've lost or loved and not just those who've served and fallen.

Yep, and the former British Empire adopted the poppy as the symbol of that commemoration:

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Canada - US Host...
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right Akeo it is also Armistice Day in the U.K. and also Remembrance Day in Canada we must not forget them as well. I guess I should have included them in the beginning of the topic Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: