Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
Books you've started reading this month

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Books Search Forum
Recent Topics
Goldbug21

AB Rep: +2

-169 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Books you've started reading this month Reply with quote

I havent seen this topic up on this section of the forum, so here it goes.:

The book that I started reading yesterday was JRR Tolkien's: The hobbit. It is an excellent book to start out the Middle Eart series. It tells how Bilbo Baggins begins his adventue and gains his vast fortune. And there are great side quests with Gollum and the elves of Rivendell.

It is a good book to check out if you're interested inJRR Tolkien books. Very Happy
Dr. Nürburg

Writer & Musician

Nevernevercreech

$ 184

AB Rep: +130
Aura:

173868 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@rogbow and @Lonny I believe Goldbug21 was specifically referring to "Books you've started to read this month" and not just 'books'.

It's not very often two long-time members both completely misunderstand the topic at the same time.

Original mod responses removed to repair thread.

Please continue Goldbug21...

The book I have started reading this month is "Nine Billion Names Of God by Arthur C Clarke". It is a collection of his best short stories.

Last edited by Dr. Nürburg on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:23 am; edited 2 times in total
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You for clarifying this Dr. Nürburg.
My apologies to Goldbug21 for the misunderstanding.

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Books you've started reading this month Reply with quote

Goldbug21 wrote:

The book that I started reading yesterday was JRR Tolkien's: The hobbit.

I must've read that book for the first time over thirty years ago. Yup, I just checked the copyright page of my paperback, and it's a 1983 edition Wink

Since then, I revisit it every few years, along with The Lord of the Rings, and it still gives me immense enjoyment.

I haven't started a new book yet this month; I'm in the middle of reading a set of Sci-Fi short stories. Can't remember the title of it at the moment, and it's in another part of the house right now...
Julie

AB Rep: +4

52829 Credits

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading the Chuckle Brothers Autobiography at the moment, lol
akeo

$ 74

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

247538 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen King's Doctor Sleep. I've got pretty much every book he's written but I don't always get round to reading them very quickly after they come out.
DissonantMuse

AB Rep: +1

-4417 Credits

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started reading Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse for my Ethics class this semester. I'm actually surprised I haven't read this one yet, definitely looks like something I would enjoy. I always like books that really make you think. It's pretty decent so far, no real opinion yet since I'm not too far in yet. I don't normally read as much as I used to unless it's for school but I definitely need to read more. There's still plenty I would like to check out at some point.
Goldbug21

AB Rep: +2

-169 Credits

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the middle of reading the first Lord of the Rings book, the Fellowship of the Ring. Frodo was just stabbed through the chest from a sword by the ring wraths. There were so many things that happened in the book that weren't in the movie, that it's hard to name off right now. Just a few things that I found different from the movie and the book: when Gandalf arrived at Bag End, a couple of dwarfs helped him carry in his luggage inside the hobbit house...which wasn't in the movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > Books All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: