Free Online Games   Game Tournaments   Arcade Boss Forum   Register   Log in    
Arcade Game Categories   Arcade Game Tags   Boss of the Month   Tournament Boss  
The CHAT Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk Search Forum
Recent Topics
akeo

$ 74

AB Rep: +16
Aura:

247538 Credits

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quite lucky then I suppose when I was young. My dentist took out my four canine teeth when I was about 14 to allow the room for my wisdom teeth.
Three of them are through with no problems but the fourth one just doesn't want to know. It's there but it's not causing any hassle at the minute and I never had any problems with the others when they came through. So I suppose there is something to be said for future planning.
msidoh

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I had all my four wisdoms out when I was in my 30's. They had to separate my inner cheek from my gums and re-stitch afterwards. But hey, I'm still here, and it is but a distant memory! Wink

I'd say to anyone who needs it, just do it and get it over with - it'll all be forgotten in a month or two!

Good luck to you guys, if/when you have yours out!
akeo

$ 74

Aura:

247538 Credits

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my wife had hers taken out 20 some odd years ago they had to dislocate her jaw rather than cut the cheek from the gums so her face was a bit swollen and sore.
She wasn't very happy when it came to going home though as she had to take a taxi from the hospital because she couldn't put a crash helmet on and I didn't drive a car back then, I only rode bikes.

Really sounds like we're trying to put a downer on people who are looking at having teeth removed sometime soon, but we aren't, really we aren't. Techniques have improved a lot in the last 10 or 12 years so it's nowhere near as bad as things used to be.
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

AB Rep: +294
Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ akeo sorry I should not laugh but, found it amusing that you was going to have her wear a crash helmet and get on the back of a bike. Good thing she couldn't get the helmet on it was more than likely for the best due to the fact that your balance and judgement is usually effected for 24 hours afterwards.

yes... it's better just to get them done and be over with it. Just get a shot of laughing gas or some IV sedation and you won't feel a thing at all nor will you have a care in the world.

Wisdom teeth are worthless for the most part. Most people have to have them pulled, they do not make you wiser if you have them nor are you dumber without them. Razz

Lookin outside gonna make the move

$ 549

AB Rep: +11
Aura:

98484 Credits

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogbow wrote:
Censored 8 Icon_jaw-dropping I feel better now only having just 4. But, I've heard of people having up to 8 before and having 4 pulled was enough for me. Good luck when you get yours done !!

Thanks Rogbow, I am on my Dad's insurance for like a few more years so I have to get them done soon!
akeo

$ 74

Aura:

247538 Credits

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lol @ akeo sorry I should not laugh but, found it amusing that you was going to have her wear a crash helmet and get on the back of a bike. Good thing she couldn't get the helmet on it was more than likely for the best due to the fact that your balance and judgement is usually effected for 24 hours afterwards.

Not my fault. She was the one that wanted to go home on the bike. Luckily she's grown out of the phase of wanting to be on a bike now.
It would've been seriously painful if she had tried to put the crash hat on and she'd have regretted it. I've ridden with a broken nose before now and that hurts bad enough.
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, I see well I think it was good she couldn't get the helmet on because not only would it been a painful ride she might have fallen off and that would not have been good either and then it would have been all your fault Razz

Now as for the having a thing for riding bikes there's nothing wrong with that. Although I have given up riding bikes on the road because I had 2 accidents where people pulled out in front of me and I laid my bike down both times. Luckily I had time to react and did not run right into them but, it sure does scare you and it made me realize it was time to stop as other drivers on the road do not pay attention or look out for bikes like they should.

However I did not give up riding I still ride and love it. I just do it off road then if you have an accident it's usually your on fault. I have 1 bike and 2 ATV's me and my son ride together and we both really enjoy it Very Happy

$ 74

Aura:

247538 Credits

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up on riding these days. I had quite a bad one a few years ago that left my collar bone in 13 pieces (32 tonne truck and human bones don't mix). That on top of the two knee replacements that I need mean that I can't hold the weight of a fully loaded goldwing any more. I could probably still manage something lighter, but the wing was something I'd always wanted so I've lost interest if I can't use that.
I'd go off-road myself but I can't absorb the bumps through my knees so I'm a sad lonely ex-motorcyclist now Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch I know that hurt. I too have some issues with my knees I have braces I wear. That is why I have 2 ATV's ( quads) because we spend more time riding those. I just kept the bike I just ride it every once in awhile around the yard where it's flat and that's about it. Goldwing's are 1 of the heaviest bikes there are if not the heaviest it is even hard with good knees to keep control of the weight once it starts to go over. I know ATV's are not motorcycles but, you get the same feeling or at least I do anyway. ATV's ( quads ) don't bother my knees at all like the bike does. Have you ever tried that ? If not you should give it a go sometime their fun and easy to ride. I know it's not a bike but, at least you can still ride even with knee problems.

This is similar to the model I have

Philippines and/or Hong Kong

$ 108

AB Rep: +52
Aura:

222557 Credits

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogbow wrote:

Oooh, nice Cool

I've never owned a motorbike myself, but in my late teens my mates used to let me sit pillion on:
Norton Commando, Triumph Tiger Cub, Greeves 250, BSA Bantam... anyone remember any of those? (Yeah, my mates were all VINTAGE bike freaks, and they all bought British!)
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msidoh wrote:
rogbow wrote:

Oooh, nice Cool

I've never owned a motorbike myself, but in my late teens my mates used to let me sit pillion on:
Norton Commando, Triumph Tiger Cub, Greeves 250, BSA Bantam... anyone remember any of those? (Yeah, my mates were all VINTAGE bike freaks, and they all bought British!)

Thanks Very Happy Yes I have heard of those bikes. I was surprised when they brought the Indian bike back in 2006.

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of bikes I been thinking on getting a Harley Live wire just to give my support for them for making such a bold move.

Shop by me don't have them yet on display, better believe I will test one out is given the chance.

Great Canada - US Host...
rogbow
Scores Officer

Ohio

$ 599

Aura:

992410 Credits

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lonny wrote:
Speaking of bikes I been thinking on getting a Harley Live wire just to give my support for them for making such a bold move.

Shop by me don't have them yet on display, better believe I will test one out is given the chance.

Yes Harley did make quite a bold move with this bike. Although I am not a huge fan of crotch rocket type of bikes. I still was impressed they went this bold.

$ 445

AB Rep: +95
Aura:

232109 Credits

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a first gen bike give it time they will have a standard size bike for two people once the batteries get better.

I don't like those style either, but I will give it a try once it shows up at the local shops.

Great Canada - US Host...
akeo

$ 74

Aura:

247538 Credits

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ouch I know that hurt. I too have some issues with my knees I have braces I wear.

Hell yeah it hurt. I ended up in fornt of the bike (Suzuki GSX550f) and the truck hit that first, rolled over the engine and snapped the crank in half and then bounced onto my shoulder. It's a bit surreal staring up at the back axle of a truck and seeing it hit you literally a few inches from your head.Still hurts now in the cold weather and like you, I have to wear a knee brace as well, but my knees only really feel any good in the cold. If they get too warm, I can barely move them.
My wing weighed just over 820lbs so with luggage and the wife on it, it took it up to just about half a ton. If I remember right, the Kawasaki Voyager was just a little bit heavier.
Looking at them, a quad might be a way to go for me, especially a road legal one. I've looked at Yamaha Raptors before but didn't think it'd be anything like a bike, but the older I get the more attractive an option they look.

Quote:
Oooh, nice Cool

I remember all of those and ridden a few of the in my time. There's still a club that takes them out on runs a couple of miles from me. I went out with them a few times, many years ago now but they still get around. You can always tell when the old Triumphs and BSA's have been out coz you just follow the oil drips down the road.
Even after 50 years, you still can't cure the dripping crank case on them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Arcade Boss Games > Forum > General Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 39 of 41

Jump to: